Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'05 still possible to order?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 08:13 PM
FlaBlackhawk

Default RE: '05 still possible to order?

Gary,

If you are getting a 2005 Mustang for $100 over invoice, then I would jump all over it. Check out Edmunds TMV pricing and I think you will find you are getting a great deal. On average, we are selling our coupes for a couple hundred dollars under MSRP. They are still holding value for us.

Just a note - look out for an "ordering fee" or any other type of fee associated with custom ordering the vehicle. The factory does not charge anything extra for custom ordering a vehicle.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:18 PM
HEMIstang
1st Gear Member

thanks for the info.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:28 AM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

Well I ordered mine today from Auffenberg North. I'm not real clear on how allocation and all of that works, but from what he was telling me was that they already have 8 Mustang's on order and that as people come in and order them they just change the ones already in the system. And that most of the time before the first one gets built, all of them in the group are pre-ordered by customers. So as far as timing goes, so I'm told, they should assign a VIN number last week of June and it should arrive somewhere in the middle of July.

Well, I have worked in car plants for Ford, GM and DCX for the last 8 years so I'm not holding my breathe just yet. Of course, once you get that VIN the only thing you have to worry about is it getting stuck on a containment list. That's what I heard happened with the GT's a while back (control arm problem).

BTW - They had a real nice GT on the lot, mineral grey with the dual wide black stripes and what looks like a Roush hood scoop already installed if anyone is interested.

Hoose84
Old 05-08-2005, 03:48 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Hoose84

Well I ordered mine today from Auffenberg North. I'm not real clear on how allocation and all of that works, but from what he was telling me was that they already have 8 Mustang's on order and that as people come in and order them they just change the ones already in the system. And that most of the time before the first one gets built, all of them in the group are pre-ordered by customers. So as far as timing goes, so I'm told, they should assign a VIN number last week of June and it should arrive somewhere in the middle of July.

Well, I have worked in car plants for Ford, GM and DCX for the last 8 years so I'm not holding my breathe just yet. Of course, once you get that VIN the only thing you have to worry about is it getting stuck on a containment list. That's what I heard happened with the GT's a while back (control arm problem).

BTW - They had a real nice GT on the lot, mineral grey with the dual wide black stripes and what looks like a Roush hood scoop already installed if anyone is interested.

Hoose84
Well? What did you order?
Old 05-08-2005, 04:14 AM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

I ordered a V6 Coupe Premium, Screaming Yellow, 5 Spd Manual, with Alarm, ABS + Traction Control and Interior Upgrade package. I intentionally didn't get the spoiler/stripe package or leather seats because I've seen better aftermarket stuff out I would prefer. Didn't really want another V8 car either since this will be the daily driver.

I'm interested in either the 3 piece duck-tail spoiler or the roush one. Possibly the louvered rear quarter window covers, I originally like the Xenon ones, but would probably look stupid without the ground fx. Definitely want the blackout for the rear center section and headlight covers, still undecided about the taillights though (Probably will get them since their cheaper as a full set of 5, rather than change my mind later). Undecided about the striping I want and if I want to do something with the hood. Roush scoop seems to look nice, I've noticed two GT's around here with similar scoops that the dealer has been installing.

Engine upgrades - none. I got the V6 for a reason.

The only thing I'm not happy with at all is the fact that they went single exhaust with the V6. I may have to do something about that. If anyone has any of these upgrades I'd be interested in hearing about the quality of them. Also looking for any type of hoods/scoops. I've seen a few around, but not many. Curious about the Xenon hood scoop if anyone has it, looks cool in the picture but awfully distant to judge quality. I've heard that the Roush ones need to have better mounting along the front edges, anyone had this issue?

Hoose84
Old 05-08-2005, 01:29 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

The only thing I'm not happy with at all is the fact that they went single exhaust with the V6. I may have to do something about that. If anyone has any of these upgrades I'd be interested in hearing about the quality of them. Hoose84
Have you read through the V6 forum? Some of them have went to a dual exhaust.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

Stock or aftermarket? I have seen some aftermarket cat-back kits. Little pricey, but look nice.

I just noticed on my order confirmation, Priority = 20. That don't sound good. [&:]

Hoose84
Old 05-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

Engine upgrades - none. I got the V6 for a reason.
You sir, are the greatest V6 owner I have ever seen. You know what your car is for. Thank you.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:30 PM
SHO 05GT

I ordered mine Friday but I was told it may turn into an 06 order. I guess we will see......