Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks Rygen and Viperrmk First time at the track tonight...Bradenton Motorsports Park, FL

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 04:05 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

Default Thanks Rygen and Viperrmk First time at the track tonight...Bradenton Motorsports Park, FL

Well tonight (if the rain holds off) will be my first track experience. Any tips or suggestions from the more weathered verterans? Im thinking I should run between a 15-16? Not to sure, like I said. Ive been reading stuff all day about procedures and what not but any advice is welcomed.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:55 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: *Noob needs advice*First time at the track tonight...Bradenton Motorsports Park, FL

First off have fun! You'll love it and just want to keep going back. Ok now for some tips. I see you are a 5-speed man. Pretty much watch the people and they will direct you up to the line. If you are running on street tires, which I'm sure you are, then go around the water box do a little burn out to clean your tires off and pull up to the line. You will have two staging lights at the top of the tree. Pull up slowly and two yellow light will light up. Then pul up just a little more and the other two yellow lights beneath the first two will light up. Now you are staged. My clutch has a little slack in it so I let it out just a little right before it starts to grab and rev to about 2,300 RPM's. Watch the tree and leave when the very last yellow lights up and just ease out on the clutch while giving it gas. Dont dump the clutch because then you will just spin. Good luck and have fun.

Oh some prep before going to the track. take out your spare tire and jack along with the rag from your trunk. And the tires inflate the front to about 40 psi and the rear you can start at 33 psi and work you way down from there till it feels good for you.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:17 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: *Noob needs advice*First time at the track tonight...Bradenton Motorsports Park, FL

Good advice, though I would put the rears down to 25. They are the pnero's right? I ran mine at 25 and was able to cut 2.0x 60fts with them.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:23 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the tips guys. I wasnt able to remove the spare because I had no where to put it at the track but I had a BLAST!!! It was about to rain so not too many people showed up till later in the evening. I got 6 runs in with only being there about 45 mins. Total I ran 13 times over a 3 hour period. I think it was a little much but it was my first time and I wanted to ge again and again. I did let the car cool for a while after a run or two before goin again. My best reaction time was .07 and my best E/T was a 15.400 ar 89.7 MPH. I cant wait to start making some more horse power and get some better gears+t-lok. I went with aa buddy who has a 06 eclipse and his best time was a 14.2. I did beat a honda fit lol and lost to a Acura RSX Type-X by.005. Everything else was either a bad *** mustang or a wheel standing hotrod.

Rygen, thanks for the info. Your an inspiration to all the 6'ers on the forum. My GF says ur stripes are really "pretty"
Old 07-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Hey, let me know next time your going down there. I'd like to run my car too. I'd rather wait until the temps were a little cooler though. Hit me up!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:10 PM
tampa07gt
3rd Gear Member

I'll go to!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:32 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

Sounds good guys. Take a look at some of my runs.....

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=P7110027.flv

It was a BLAST! There were some pretty tricked out rides. Plenty of mustangs but the only S197's were a Shelby (not the GT500) but he had the GT500 front end and a Black GT with silver stripes and the black shelby wheels. Ill definately ake sure to hit u guys up next time I head down. I will probably wait till the cooler weather too cuz I gotta get a T-lok and gears along with a CAI. So Im thinking early next year or maybe Novemberish?
Old 07-13-2008, 10:25 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

yeah let me know as well..I wont run my gt500..but i would sure cheer ya all on....
Old 07-13-2008, 10:42 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Me too damn it!...
Sounds like a cool bunch.
I'll do the cheering with cheftpeck.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:49 AM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

Sounds good guys. Ill send out a mass PM later this year. I cant guarantee an amazing route like One eyed ***** but we could all meet at that cracker barrell and cruise down to bradenton to have a big track night with all our stangs. Ill let every one know about a month in advance so we can make plans.

Quick Reply: Thanks Rygen and Viperrmk First time at the track tonight...Bradenton Motorsports Park, FL