Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car broke down, left me stranded

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 11:47 PM
DHG#3703

Default Car broke down, left me stranded

I am pissed, my 05 GT with 8k on the clock left me stranded today. I drove it with the AC on for about 30 miles, turned it off. The car ran great. I gotmy hair cut.Started up the car and drove it about 20 miles before I decided to stop at a local exotic car dealership that alsohad 3 Smart cars for sale. Again the car ran great. The salesman asked if I was trading in my mustang and I said no way it hasnever seen rain and it was my baby. I justwanted to look at the tiny smart car and see what they were selling for. So aboutten minutes later I tried to start my car it would not run. I mean it started but would not go. It started to miss and stumble and had no power. It is a 5 speed and garaged kept. It is adult owned and never raced. I never even had the car faster than 80 miles per hour. I am the origional owner. I had to get it towwed to the Ford dealer. The tow bill was $150.00. I was so embarrased because the salesman was talking so go about it and how mint it was. Then the damn thing wouldn't run. Does anybody have any idea what it could be? The engine is stock. The only mods are SLP exhaust and a different shifter. Gas registered 1/4 tank full. Battery good. I reseated all three computer connectors but that did't do anything.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:02 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Car broke down, left me stranded

well its at the dealer now so they will take care of it, they will have the answer for you monday hopefully
Old 07-13-2008, 12:05 AM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

That sucks man. I hope its an easy fix. I bet it was your car being mad at you for checkin out those smart cars
Old 07-13-2008, 12:15 AM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

bad gas maybe?
Old 07-13-2008, 12:24 AM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Junk in the trunk...or the tank. Clogged fuel filter? Water in the tank...could be anything. I take it that it sites a bunch? Keep that tank full with stabilizer in it.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:25 AM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Johnboy7701

bad gas maybe?
Im gonna have to agree. 05 with only 8K on it? wow u do take great care. maybe that gas was just sitting in the tank too long since you last drove? Maybe fuel injectors need cleaning. U said it ran but didnt move? Im thinkin its just from lack of use. O well maybe u just got a bad batch and its catching up. I hope you can find the issue though
Old 07-13-2008, 01:08 AM
ohfiveride
2nd Gear Member

hey man...i had almost the same problem 2 nights ago....been running fine since 05 then left work and started it up but it immediatley wanted to die...stalled a few times...i then flew back home from work since im close all the while watching the rpms drop till it just about died..i had to restart it 4 times to get up my driveway...the car felt like it was flooded and was begging for gas to keep going, but once i stopped and idled at an intersection it died.....so yesterday i changed my fuel filter which had black sludge inside, and i cleaned out my c&l filter with the k&n kit....ran my car today with no problem.....my car has more mileage than yours at 44,000 with an 87 brenspeed tune, slp lm's and c&l cai.....let me know what symptoms you have like is it run buts dies at idle like mine or dies when you try to hit the gas....im still trying to rule out what the cause can be
Old 07-13-2008, 01:56 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Take the emergency brake off!

J/K Let us know what the dealer finds, inquiring minds want to know!
Old 07-13-2008, 07:58 AM
rojizostang
2nd Gear Member

bad gas, i guess you can get it anywhere, but that's why i only buy gas at (or try to) at newer major stations and avoid the little mom & pop places
Old 07-13-2008, 08:08 AM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

That really suckes. Hope mine does not do that at 8K. Low mileage for 3 years old.

Quick Reply: Car broke down, left me stranded