Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long should my order take?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:22 AM
LAKERLVR

Default How long should my order take?

Hi, I ordered a Mustang GT about 4 months ago and my dealer said a week ago that I'm finally first in line to be built. I know this could mean a lot of things as far as how much longer I will be waiting for it to be delivered but does anyone have a guess to how long I can expect to continue waiting. Oh, and I live in Texas.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:29 AM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How long should my order take?

Congrats!

The dealer didn't give you a date? I ordered one today and my dealer said it should be here 6-8weeks.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:44 AM
05_Bullitt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: LAKERLVR

Hi, I ordered a Mustang GT about 4 months ago and my dealer said a week ago that I'm finally first in line to be built. I know this could mean a lot of things as far as how much longer I will be waiting for it to be delivered but does anyone have a guess to how long I can expect to continue waiting. Oh, and I live in Texas.

Sorry dude... you're dealer doesn't have a build date. There's no such thing as first in line at the factory until you have a build date. Soon after or before that your dealer should be able to give you a build date.

If you're waiting you may be waiting a long time. Then again I heard production has improved in which case I may be wrong. I hope others chime in here.

I had to chase my car. I ended up buying exactly what I ordered that was sitting on a dealer lot 1,000 miles away. To tell you the truth... the dealer I originally ordered it from did not cancel my original January order and it's still not here.

Well... back to my heineken. No driving the pony tonight. Hehe

[IMG]local://upfiles/13954/099CB90E2EB74309A7CB1D7F3590C495.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13954/4099186BB55E40E79B5F05EB246C8747.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-06-2005, 01:53 AM
LAKERLVR

Yeah, it hasn't been very fun. Over 4 months of waiting but the only thing I think I have going for me is that my dealer had a high allocation of GTs due to them. They promised no longer than another month but sure doesn't seem like the factory is going to deliver on that. Isn't there a number I can call (a 1-800) that might update me on any progress? Thanks
Old 05-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

LAKERLVR...

Call your Dealer and ask for his Dealer Number, and the Order Number for your car...

Then call... 800 962- 3746

Press 1 when the voice starts talking...

The system from there on is Voice Activated so you actually "Say" the items.

You wll need to say the word FORD

Next you will say the Dealer Number - 5 digit number- (Ignore the "Letter" if your dealer gave you one.)

Next you will say YES

Next you will say words ORDER NUMBER

Next you will say TWO THOUSAND FIVE

Next you will say T 8 2 - (T85 for GT Convertable)

Then you will say the Order Number digit by digit.

Then you will say YES.

Then the system will say "As of (insert date) your order is Clean and Unscheduled" < that is what mine said for WEEKS!

I know how frustrating this can be but hang in there. The rest of us have.. some for 6 months!
Old 05-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Red69Sportsroof
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

I know how frustrating this can be but hang in there. The rest of us have.. some for 6 months!
Wizard, what is your "order date"? Mine is 3-11-05 and still clean and unsched as of today.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Red69Sportsroof....

I ordered March 1st. My order hit the system on March 5th...I was Serialized on April 28... I received my Build date on April 29 for the week of May 23
Old 05-06-2005, 06:47 PM
sheehyfordrichmond

i have a customer that has been waiting on their GT since january. i just submitted to new orders last month and they already have a estimated arrival dates of this month on the 25th!! seems like some of the newer orders are going through faster then some of the older orders that are in the bank
Old 05-06-2005, 07:26 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Its all bs.. should NOT take more then 2 months MAX.. anything mroe then that... time for a new place.. or new car
Old 05-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

sheehyfordrichmond...

Are you saying orders from your dealership are not being processed in the order they were sent?

THAT is totally weird and definately warrents investigation by the district Ford rep.

You might review the Priority numbers the dealership is assigning. If the new orders have lower Pr numbers they will get built before the older orders. If they are all the same, they should process in the order received by the system.

If there is a kink in the system.... you should have resubmitted the old orders as new ones then canceled the orginal orders.

Quick Reply: How long should my order take?