Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steeda Pulleys on Check Eng Flash!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 09:02 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Pulleys on Check Eng Flash!

ORIGINAL: jagbits

Ok I may have found the problem, my CAI air cleaner was not secured at all! It was just hanging an inch away from the tube it connects to. I guess I forgot to tighten the big hose clamp, so when I stomped on it, perhaps it sucked too much air and threw the engine light on ?? I tightened it and I bet my problems are solved. I am down to a tiny belt squeak at start up now, I don't think the pulleys are worth the time and money to be honest, but they are on so f**k it.

I had the same problem with mine coming off. You need to tighten the clamp with a 1/4 in ratchet and 5/16 socket. Mine has not come off again. Like I said about that tune if you read my reply. Ford has a fix in a new tune so you need to get the new SCT tune that incorporates this or you will have the problem I was talking about. The misfire is the coil packs I was talking about above. Hope this helps. Mine set the check engine light with the aircleaner secure. It only happens on rapid de-excelleration from high speed.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:24 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

I read your post and I am going to get the new tune for my SCT next week for sure thanks for the help!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I had the check light happen to me after the second month of having my mustang. They reset it and nothing has happen since. As said earlier it was something to do with the coil but it was a false reading. They reset it and nothing since has happen.

How about the pullys and air cold box is it worth it?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:45 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

The cold air intake and the SCT XCAL are worth twice the money in my opinion, the change in the way the car accelerated is unreal. The pulleys are a different story, I didn't notice any change and honestly I didn't want to put them on at all, but it's done so I will leave them on. I put rear MAC mufflers on also and they are VERY sweet!
Old 05-07-2005, 09:01 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

Well I am now convinced that I have the coil pack problem, SCT says they are well aware of it and they have a fix for it in a new tune for the XCAL, I don't have the PC cable to download it so I shipped my XCAL back to Brenspeed and he will put the new tune on it and ship it back, www.brenspeed.com has the BEST customer service I have experienced in a long time by the way. The only thing that is still bothering me is I have a feeling the UD pulleys were not torqued 100% correctly, I hear a ticking sound at idle, and there is a slight belt squeak that was never there before.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:43 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

Default Hey td1320 ...-

ORIGINAL: td1320

Ok I ordered the cold air kit, the SCT and the Steeda pulleys all at the same time, I installed the CAI and reflashed, got the engine light on solid 3 days later, disconnect baterry and it never came back, 800 miles and 2 weeks later I intsalled the UD pulleys within 10 minutes I get the engine light flashing, then it goes away, 15 minutes later I notice that I lost some performance when the engine light started flashing again, very sluggish, 5 minutes later light goes out car is perfect, this goes on for 1/2 hour 30 miles, then no more light car is perfect but I was 15 miles from home, I ran it a little hard right before I got home to see if it would flash again but it didn't, should I reflash the ECM with the SCt again or did the ECM somehow compensate for the pulleys??
When the check engine light started flashing were you de-excellerating from a high MPH? Mine did this running 80 Mph and letting off the gas completely. There is a TSB out about this involving the coil packs. The fix is supposed to be a re-tune at the dealer. They have a brand new tune available for the GT that just came out in April. The problem is when you re-flash with the SCT you overwrite all the fixes the factory made. I assume that SCT will have to get this new tune from Ford and incorporate it into the next release of tunes. Just my two cents.
Ok 2 separate issues, the crank pulley was not torqued properly so I did that and the noise is now gone, I cleared the check engine light and guess what, I was going 80 mph and slowed down completely and the flashing check engine light came on!! I sent my SCT XCAL to my vendor overnight on Saturday, he says that he has the new tune you are talking about and will overnight the SCT back to me so I have it on Tuesday, I will reflash with the new tune an post my results then. Thanks for your help, SCT confirmed that the coil pack problem exists and if you have a CDC3 computer code, you must reflash with the April tune. I appreciate your help!!
Old 05-09-2005, 06:25 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hey td1320 ...-

ORIGINAL: td1320

Ok I ordered the cold air kit, the SCT and the Steeda pulleys all at the same time, I installed the CAI and reflashed, got the engine light on solid 3 days later, disconnect baterry and it never came back, 800 miles and 2 weeks later I intsalled the UD pulleys within 10 minutes I get the engine light flashing, then it goes away, 15 minutes later I notice that I lost some performance when the engine light started flashing again, very sluggish, 5 minutes later light goes out car is perfect, this goes on for 1/2 hour 30 miles, then no more light car is perfect but I was 15 miles from home, I ran it a little hard right before I got home to see if it would flash again but it didn't, should I reflash the ECM with the SCt again or did the ECM somehow compensate for the pulleys??
When the check engine light started flashing were you de-excellerating from a high MPH? Mine did this running 80 Mph and letting off the gas completely. There is a TSB out about this involving the coil packs. The fix is supposed to be a re-tune at the dealer. They have a brand new tune available for the GT that just came out in April. The problem is when you re-flash with the SCT you overwrite all the fixes the factory made. I assume that SCT will have to get this new tune from Ford and incorporate it into the next release of tunes. Just my two cents.
Ok 2 separate issues, the crank pulley was not torqued properly so I did that and the noise is now gone, I cleared the check engine light and guess what, I was going 80 mph and slowed down completely and the flashing check engine light came on!! I sent my SCT XCAL to my vendor overnight on Saturday, he says that he has the new tune you are talking about and will overnight the SCT back to me so I have it on Tuesday, I will reflash with the new tune an post my results then. Thanks for your help, SCT confirmed that the coil pack problem exists and if you have a CDC3 computer code, you must reflash with the April tune. I appreciate your help!!
No problem. I have not heard back from SCT if they have my tune which is BTK2. I have the Automatic.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:30 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hey td1320 ...-

SCT told me I had to get the tune from the place I bought the XCAL from, you may need to call them.