Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wreck ... Already

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 01:13 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Wreck ... Already

WOW!! You only had the car for 5 days, and you hit a curb and get involved in an accident.

But you're lucky for getting a GT500 front end
Old 07-19-2008, 01:15 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Holy cow dude...you curbed it (Badly) and wrecked it in 5 days? Jeeze.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:19 PM
rneely2111
2nd Gear Member

Maybe im not reading this rihgt, but how is this your fault? Didn't he put the car in reverse?
Old 07-19-2008, 04:22 PM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

@rneely2111 - It's not my fault in the least. Although the insurance company keeps asking me and all of my witnesses what happened. Guess it's hard to believe that someone would back into you getting on the interstate. Who woulda thunk it? At least the guy that hit me admits it, although he has been ignoring the insurance companies phone calls. Had to trick him today by calling from my phone and putting the insurance agent on. He wasn't happy.

Also, his birthday (according to her) is 4/16/91 ... So that makes him what, 17? Good thing I was calm(ish).

On a happier note - the insurance adjuster LOVED my car. She wouldn't hush about it.

Time to mod this sucker.

ORIGINAL: BleedinBlue

Holy cow dude...you curbed it (Badly) and wrecked it in 5 days? Jeeze.
Man, the curb was all me. But that rim's getting changed out by the dealer anyway for a new one.

This one - not my fault at all. Same as my only other wreck. Someone else backed into me, except that time in the 2002, and that time there was $1,871.52 in damage. Happened Oct. 21, 2005. One year to the day that I had the car.

Maybe this car is bad luck?
Old 07-19-2008, 04:31 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02 Stang

Thank God it wasn't too bad. Me, Jeremy (Jthorn9) and 2 friends went to get our cars dyno'd ... (I only pulled 240 hp, 260 tq ... J pulled 187 hp, 251 tq. Ha. But it was 100 degrees and 26% humidity). So, we leave there, and go eat at Chili's ... Get the discount ... Go to leave Baton Rouge to head back to New Orleans and get ****ty. In the lane to merge on the interstate. I'm the 2nd car. The guy in front of me went halfway through the first lane, stopped, and kicked it in reverse ... I guess thinking he didn't have the time, to avoid a collision. I didn't ask. So he basically floors it backwards in his 2001 Accord, I lay on the horn, he destroys the front of my car. Many obscenities were shouted from my end, but everyone calmed me down. I've never seen someone so scared in my entire life. Get out to check the damage, and the front bumper is tore up from the floor up. The passenger front quarter panel is inside the hood. We're looking at a decent amount of $, and a wreck on its history report.

Great.

No injuries, I spared his life.
id be more concerned about a wreck on YOUR driver history.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Project Renegade
2nd Gear Member

i dont think its bad luck its just the proper amount of s****y luck to equal the balance you will have with your cobra conversion but seriously when you find out how muchitl cost, hit me up a pm, im in the market fr the same.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:57 PM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StickShifty

ORIGINAL: 02 Stang

Thank God it wasn't too bad. Me, Jeremy (Jthorn9) and 2 friends went to get our cars dyno'd ... (I only pulled 240 hp, 260 tq ... J pulled 187 hp, 251 tq. Ha. But it was 100 degrees and 26% humidity). So, we leave there, and go eat at Chili's ... Get the discount ... Go to leave Baton Rouge to head back to New Orleans and get ****ty. In the lane to merge on the interstate. I'm the 2nd car. The guy in front of me went halfway through the first lane, stopped, and kicked it in reverse ... I guess thinking he didn't have the time, to avoid a collision. I didn't ask. So he basically floors it backwards in his 2001 Accord, I lay on the horn, he destroys the front of my car. Many obscenities were shouted from my end, but everyone calmed me down. I've never seen someone so scared in my entire life. Get out to check the damage, and the front bumper is tore up from the floor up. The passenger front quarter panel is inside the hood. We're looking at a decent amount of $, and a wreck on its history report.

Great.

No injuries, I spared his life.
id be more concerned about a wreck on YOUR driver history.
Nah, my insurance will be fine. Again, the wreck was not caused by me. I had nothing to do with it other than hanging out at a red light.

@ Renegade: Will do. I have a feeling it'll be a bit too expensive though, so I'm thinking either stock or GT/CS
Old 07-19-2008, 05:28 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

sorry to bring this up in your time of mourning but your car only made 240HP to the wheels??? maybe you should take it back to ford and tell them they accidently put a 2V in it...[&:]

on a lighter note, sorry about your car bro...hopefully it is all over now and you can enjoy your new stang
Old 07-19-2008, 05:43 PM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mac10chap

sorry to bring this up in your time of mourning but your car only made 240HP to the wheels??? maybe you should take it back to ford and tell them they accidently put a 2V in it...[&:]

on a lighter note, sorry about your car bro...hopefully it is all over now and you can enjoy your new stang
I'm with you. I nearly **** a brick when I saw it. Then he showed me dyno's from an 05 auto (238 hp, 257 tq), and an 07 stick (243 hp, 263 tq) ... I'm hoping the heat and humidity ... Also, it's not a Mustang dyno, or a Dynojet.

If it was that real to me, the numbers would be 271.2 - 283.2 hp, 293.8 - 306.8 tq on a Mustang dyno.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:52 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

wow i thought you had a v6 that had a blower on it or something. all the 05+ v8s i have seen on a mustand dyno were 250 auto and 255 stick

Quick Reply: Wreck ... Already