Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67 Shelby Style Hood

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 11:40 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Good looking set-up.
I do miss the sonic blue too.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:33 PM
red454

You are correct on the Mystery 8.

I like the 8 too. The nose of the S197 really looks better extended. Didn't really notice that until I saw the various hoods / noses that were extended. I plan on getting a CDC ducktail at some point. Can't stand that third brake light in the trunk. If only I could add the hips from the '10, I would be all set. Oh well.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:35 PM
red454

Originally Posted by pascal
Good looking set-up.
I do miss the sonic blue too.
I like your mirrors - any links to some pics of your car?
Old 10-04-2009, 02:41 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Try that...
http://www.legendlimeregistry.com/re...dex.cgi?id=423
Old 10-04-2009, 02:54 PM
red454

Wow - that is nice. LL was my second choice (wife likes blue better). And your Mach 1!!! Now I miss mine.

Scroll to the last picture. Still kicking myself.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3115350
Old 10-04-2009, 04:03 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

The Mack ain't mine.
I restored it though, and that pic was taken at my friend's house.
It's his car.
I have an unrestored 68 fastback that I really need to finish
Old 10-04-2009, 05:20 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by red454
You are correct on the Mystery 8.

I like the 8 too. The nose of the S197 really looks better extended. Didn't really notice that until I saw the various hoods / noses that were extended. I plan on getting a CDC ducktail at some point. Can't stand that third brake light in the trunk. If only I could add the hips from the '10, I would be all set. Oh well.
I'm on the exact same page, I consider the 3rd light delete to be one of the best features of the CDC and Foose ducktails.

By the way if I'm right about the Myster 8 it really is a shame they don't sell the nose separate, I know tons of people would buy them if they didn't have to shell out a whole grand for the whole thing. I wonder if some group buy deal could be made or something. Lol I know i sound really adamant about this but I just really wish I could have those extensions but with a hood that was more my style

Last edited by staggolee; 10-04-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:12 PM
red454

Originally Posted by staggolee
I'm on the exact same page, I consider the 3rd light delete to be one of the best features of the CDC and Foose ducktails.

By the way if I'm right about the Myster 8 it really is a shame they don't sell the nose separate, I know tons of people would buy them if they didn't have to shell out a whole grand for the whole thing. I wonder if some group buy deal could be made or something. Lol I know i sound really adamant about this but I just really wish I could have those extensions but with a hood that was more my style
Well, if I recall - the nose and hood are a package deal, meaning that the nose only works with the Mystery 8 hood. And even then, there is a fair amount of final fitment that the bodyshop has to do to get all the gaps set right. Definitely not a paint, bolt on and go thing.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by staggolee

Red is right. The front extension and hood are contoured in the middle with a rise. If you were to try to put a stock hood (or any aftermarket hood made for the GT) behind it, the hood would sit lower than the extension. All that said, the Mystery8 is the kit I want to eventually get for my car because it's the front end I've always wanted. If only they made the hood compatible with the WMS intake. I guess I'll have to do some cutting and patching.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:04 AM
red454

Originally Posted by Kotobuki
Red is right. The front extension and hood are contoured in the middle with a rise. If you were to try to put a stock hood (or any aftermarket hood made for the GT) behind it, the hood would sit lower than the extension. All that said, the Mystery8 is the kit I want to eventually get for my car because it's the front end I've always wanted. If only they made the hood compatible with the WMS intake. I guess I'll have to do some cutting and patching.
I made my own airbox so that the ram air would be functional -

http://forums.themustangsource.com/s...d.php?t=469389

Quick Reply: 67 Shelby Style Hood