Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Priority number(another I'm waiting post)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 05:29 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

Default Priority number(another I'm waiting post)

Check this out, I am curious what everyone thinks...

The copy of the order I got from my dealer says I have a priority number of 10. Then I get copies of the actual D.O.R.A. emailed to me and it says my priority is 16. What kind of crap is that???

But wait, thats not all...

I ordered the car Feb 28th. Dealer tells me car is "bucked". Then Dealer tells me car build date of week of April 11th-15th. Call him the 15th and the @$$hole is on vacation. talk to him the following week and he tells me the car was not built. Tells me some kind of factory problem or rescheduling or some thing like that. I am eating it up because I want this car bad. So now it is May 7th and no build date, still "clean and unscheduled." I think the MAN lied to me just to get me off his back. He has less allocation than he claimed. I am just pissed off.

So what do you all think about the priority number situation? I have the copy of my order he gave me that says priority 10 and a email copy of the DORA he sent me where it says 16. WILL IT HOLD UP IN COURT???? Do I have an honest bitch? I think I am gonna sue him before I get my pistol grip pump out and walk back into his office...

All this crap for a car.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:16 AM
FlaBlackhawk

Default RE: Priority number(another I'm waiting post)

Don't sound good. Inventory managers can change priority numbers at any time. If he truly is starting his orders at 10 and going up, then you have 6 people in front of you at this point. Generally, the info from the factory works like this:

1. Clean/Unscheduled - no VIN is assigned so it could be 1 to 20 weeks before your vehicle is scheduled. Priority number is key.
2. Sub to Plant - vehicle has a VIN number and a production date is being scheduled
3. Locked-In - no changes can be made to the vehicle
4. Bucked - the vehicle will be produced within a week
5. Produced - as it sounds

From this point, it takes about 2 to 3 weeks to get your vehicle unless they are having a quality check or rail car problems.

Is the guy you are talking to a salesperson or the actual ordering manager? Most salespeople have no idea what's going on with ordering vehicles and just spit out anything to sound like they know what's going on.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:52 PM
gianf
2nd Gear Member

This isn't an unusual scenario. I've had sales managers get in my face because I was calling once a week to check on the status of the car I'd ordered. I finally had to resign myself to waiting as long as it takes. It's difficult to do but not impossible. Getting upset about something over which I have no control isn't worth it. I still don't have a GT and I ordered one in mid January.

Steve
Old 05-08-2005, 05:52 PM
SHO 05GT

Man there is alot of people on this forum that are viscious over a car. Waiting isn't always bad.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Tehrab
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I've sent my dealer a total of one email since 2/28 asking for an update -- all the updates in the world aren't going to change it's pickup date. Plus, waiting and wanting is half the fun when it comes to toys.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tehrab

Yeah, I've sent my dealer a total of one email since 2/28 asking for an update -- all the updates in the world aren't going to change it's pickup date. Plus, waiting and wanting is half the fun when it comes to toys.
Wanting is cool, but waiting sucks. And it's only been 1 day for me. . Now I found this in one of the other message areas that might be useful if you have a copy of the order confirmation. I haven't tried it myself and don't remember who originally posted it, but hats off to them.

Paste:
Call your Dealer and ask for his Dealer Number, and the Order Number for your car... (Listed on order confirmation)

Then call... 800 962- 3746

Press 1 when the voice starts talking...

The system from there on is Voice Activated so you actually "Say" the items.

You wll need to say the word FORD

Next you will say the Dealer Number - 5 digit number- (Ignore the "Letter" if your dealer gave you one.)

Next you will say YES

Next you will say words ORDER NUMBER

Next you will say TWO THOUSAND FIVE

Next you will say T 8 2 - (T85 for GT Convertable, T80 for Premium Coupe)

Then you will say the Order Number digit by digit.

Then you will say YES.

Then the system will say "As of (insert date) your order is Clean and Unscheduled" < that is what mine said for WEEKS!

I know how frustrating this can be but hang in there. The rest of us have.. some for 6 months!

End Paste:

Hope this helps someone, if it does I'm sure I'll be calling often. I also heard mention that it updates on Thursday nights, so I'm not sure if it's just once a week or what.

Hoose84
Old 05-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Scaught....

If your getting "Clean and Unscheduled" when you call in your dealer is lieing.. flat out! He never had a build date and he doesn't have a VIN.

I think maybe a personal visit to the Owner of the dealership is in order.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:36 AM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tehrab

I ordered mine on 31 DEC 04, while I was home on leave from Iraq. It was supposed to be here in mid March, just in time for me return home, but I am still waiting. I got a build date about two weeks ago (week of 16 May). At first I was mad that it wasn't here, but my dealer explained everything, was very apologetic, and has been the one calling me every week, even if it was the same status. The sales manager also calls every couple of weeks to tell me the same thing the dealer does. Hopefully I will have mine in a few weeks. Just keep your head up, and pretend your a nine year old waiting for your present on christmas day.