Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help guys!!! Eibach or H&R?

Old 07-22-2008, 01:50 PM
JOHNNY
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Help guys!!! Eibach or H&R?

IMO,H/R I have installed both and the h/r is a better spring.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:26 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT/SRT

How much are camber bolts and how hard would they be to put in?

I don't know about the alignment, hopefully it's not much.

I wasn't comparing both comapnies...I was comparing the pro kit and the lower H&R. I know there are better comparisons, but if I wanted the lesser drop I would go with Eibach first.

I guess what I wanted to know was if my ride would still be ok with the H&R [1.7"frt, 1.9"rr] compared to Pro kit. I really don't want to be unhappy with my ride height...at the same time, I want to make sure the wheels are aligned.

Thanks for your opinion and thoughts...so which would be the better buy in your opinion?

Would I be ok with the H&R springs with an alignment?
Camber boltsare usually around $30 and they replace the upper and/or lower bolt that attaches your strut to the spindle depending if you have negative or positive camber. If you have negative camber then it replaces the top bolt. Since you are lowering the car it will replace the top bolt.You can install them but youwill need to have a shop adjust them. As far as a alignment, I had one doneon my car a couplemonths ago for $150 (that includes adjusting camber bolts). You will need to get you alignment checked.Unless you want to wear out your tires fast and have your wheels look like this.../\

Don't get me wrong they both are great companies,I was just giving you the advantages/disadvantages between thedifferent drop heights, sorry ifIcameoff that way.

Your ride with the more agressive drop (H&R Super Sport or Eibach Sportline)would betighter and more responsiveover stock springs. The cars handling and cornering will also be greatly improved.

I chose H&R, and I am very happy with my decision, good luck with yours.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:38 PM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

Thanks a lot man! I'm pretty sure I'll spend the little extra for camber bolts and alignment and go with the H&R. The ride height should be awesome.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:44 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Hey I am looking at the same springs. However, i noticed people seem to get the d-specs shocks when they buy these springs. Do you have to buy them if you buy the H&R? If i buy the H&R, are they hard to put on? Can i do myself or taking it to a shop is better? What other part(s) would i need if i go H&R?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:52 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

You also have to keep in mind that your car will not sit just like someone else's. Like my kit lowered my car more than the rated drop for the spring set. And it takes a couple of day for the springs to fully seat themselfs and give you your final ride hight.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:00 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT/SRT

Thanks a lot man! I'm pretty sure I'll spend the little extra for camber bolts and alignment and go with the H&R. The ride height should be awesome.
You're welcome.
It is good to do it right the first time. Post some pics when you get them installed.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:19 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bolivianpimp

Hey I am looking at the same springs. However, i noticed people seem to get the d-specs shocks when they buy these springs. Do you have to buy them if you buy the H&R? If i buy the H&R, are they hard to put on? Can i do myself or taking it to a shop is better? What other part(s) would i need if i go H&R?
The reasonis that the factory shocks/struts are not designed to be used withsprings that lower the cars ride height.The Tokico Dspecs are awesomeshocks/struts,fully adjustable and are designed for lowered cars. You do not have to buy them when you buy the H&Rs, but your factory equipment will wear out faster.Switching to a adjustable shock/strut gives you the ability to soften the ride as needed to compensate for the stiffer springs.As far as installing springs, there are quite a few write ups...check out Taco Bill's S197"How to Guides" . I installed mine, but I had help from another mustang buddy in my neighborhood. You could take it to a shop but I did not want to pay for labor[:'(].
If you are just doing springs, then I would buy camber bolts (just in case) and budget for a alignment afterwards. Every car is different butit is possible you may need a adjustable panhard bar for the rear to re-center the body over the wheels.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:22 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CutterWolf

You also have to keep in mind that your car will not sit just like someone else's. Like my kit lowered my car more than the rated drop for the spring set. And it takes a couple of day for the springs to fully seat themselfs and give you your final ride hight.
Good point.
Allspring drop heights are approximate, and actual heights may be more or less.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:57 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

When you say adjustable Tokico D Specs, does that mean you can actually change the height of the drop? if so what is the range? How much is it for a set of D Specs along with HR springs? I bet it rides REALLY comfortable!!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:33 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bolivianpimp

When you say adjustable Tokico D Specs, does that mean you can actually change the height of the drop? if so what is the range? How much is it for a set of D Specs along with HR springs? I bet it rides REALLY comfortable!!
No you can not change the drop height, they only adjust the damper amount (i.e. hardness or softness). What is good about them is that you have multiple setting to choose from, andI paid $503 for mine about 4 months ago.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help guys!!! Eibach or H&R?