Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do to a 2006 GT if you had unlimited funds BUT only this car to drive?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 02:15 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

Default What would you do to a 2006 GT if you had unlimited funds BUT only this car to drive?

Say you had unlimited funds to mod your 2005-8 GT...but the catch is you can only have ONE car (that means it would be your daily driver, your all-weather car, as well as your track car, etc.). What would you do?

The reason I ask is because I want to eventually build the best streetable daily driven 2006 mustang GT possible. That said, reliability and comfort, as well as a back seat and trunk space are just as important to me as the 1/4 mile time. Ideally I'd like 500whp with tons of reliability and comfort, but I just don't know if it is possible. For example - motor mounts are out of the question unless absolutely necessary as I don't want the ridiculous vibrations. A roll cage is also a no-no. Nitrous? Not if it takes up my trunk space... Do you guys see where I'm going?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:30 PM
super05mustangGT

Default RE: What would you do to a 2006 GT if you had unlimited funds BUT only this car to drive?

Yea it possible to have a 500 rwhp car and drive itevery day. somesuperchargers can put you at about 460 rwhp safely, and it will still be very driveable.It dosn't take cargo space away.so itis very possible. a kenny bell or whipple supercharger would be perfect.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Project Renegade
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What would you do to a 2006 GT if you had unlimited funds BUT only this car to drive?

well yeah that may be true but with most superchargers, you will more than likely need a built bottom end to be able to handle the occasional track day, because we all know how much of a beating our takes on just daily driving.

IMO i would just completely gut the factory block and outfit it with all new internals (crank, cams, springs, valves, rockers, etc.) this way you know that your engine will outlive your actual car will. but if you dont want to do that, then you could always keep up with the maintenance of the car. ford did build it the way it is for a reason, but on that note, DEFFINATELY change the spark plugs
Old 07-23-2008, 02:54 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

unlimited funds and that's all yall would do????

I'd impliment a retractible rocket booster for the track and just put them away for DD...Of course for daily driving, i'd have my engine stroked to a 5.0 with all forged internals with a 3.4L Mammoth Supercharger and a full suspension
Old 07-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Project Renegade
2nd Gear Member

ok wel;l i dont think he was being too literal about the whole unlimited funds thing. an dyeah i know you were bein sarcastic. i think he was tryin to figure out what to trully do for a first mod, but since he will be reading this let me wanr him..... YOU WILL BE BITTEN BY THE MOD BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS INEVEITABLE ONCE YOU INSTALL YOUR FIRST PART YOU WILL BE FOAMING AT THE MOUTH AND WANTING TO DO MORE!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Project Renegade
2nd Gear Member

i mean seriously ever hear the expression form the lays potato chip commercials, "betcha can't eat just one" the principals are the same only with this your dealing with power/looks versus taste
Old 07-23-2008, 02:59 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Project Renegade

ok wel;l i dont think he was being too literal about the whole unlimited funds thing. an dyeah i know you were bein sarcastic. i think he was tryin to figure out what to trully do for a first mod, but since he will be reading this let me wanr him..... YOU WILL BE BITTEN BY THE MOD BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS INEVEITABLE ONCE YOU INSTALL YOUR FIRST PART YOU WILL BE FOAMING AT THE MOUTH AND WANTING TO DO MORE!
wow, was my sarcasm that apparent???[8D]
Old 07-23-2008, 03:06 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

UHHH

I'D BUY A FEW COMPUTERS TO MAKE HUGE S197 SIGS!!! [:@][:@][:@]

Built motor, Triple Turbos (yes), T56 tranny with .50 sixth overdrive, a hot tub, built 33 spline rear, the best brakes ever, stock V6 wheels, lazyboy leather seats, a toilet, a minifridge/freezer, a microwave, a GT500 front fasca...and a few other things.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:08 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Ford GT motor (GT supercar not GT500) + twin turbo setup.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:10 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

hahaha.....they are all under the limits on this thread so far

honestly if you dont want roll bars and dont want to add vibration....then stick a standard s/c or turbo kit on a 5.4L built gt500 motor. You can really go that wide because you will will need a roll bar pretty quick. Just ask modaddict about it and PLstang...both will tell you the ins and outs and also the DD part of it

Quick Reply: What would you do to a 2006 GT if you had unlimited funds BUT only this car to drive?