Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best CAI WITHOUT tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 04:27 PM
hawkx8
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Best CAI WITHOUT tuner

I have never heard of that brand. And im looking for more name brand so i cant trust it.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Jersey Stang
2nd Gear Member

you will get a much better performance from CAI + tune over CAI + Spacer. Simple way to resolve this...If you plan on makingANY more performance mods...you NEED a tuner. i guarrantee if you just get a CAI your first experience driving the car will be....ok, i think i feel a difference.... but with a CAI and Tuner it will be. Holy $HI+!! at least thats how i felt. lol
Old 07-24-2008, 05:10 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

The Airaid has a ModularVeturiTechnology, or MVT.
Leavethe MVT plugin for a no-tune CAI.
Removethe MVT plugand use itWITH a tune.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:38 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawkx8

I have never heard of that brand. And im looking for more name brand so i cant trust it.
Injen is a very well known company, they sell mostly to the fart can crowd.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:07 PM
oldschoolera
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteveB_RET

I have a GMS Motorsport CAI on my 2007 Mustang GT. They provide you with their own MAF meter and adapter so you don't need a tuner.

[IMG]local://upfiles/77896/EED89FE60A474E7D8EB81366FA5B0A2E.jpg[/IMG]
I installed the Granatelli CAI on my 06 GT. I never had it dynoed but could easily feel the increase in rwhp. If I recall correctly, GMS advertised about 30 rwhp increase.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:11 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

Western Motorsports says their setup doesn't require a tune. Looks appealing, but a little more complex installation (moving the header tank, etc.). There is a pass-through for cold air from in front of the radiator/grill, so that may be e benefit outside of "air flow", and account for some gains without needing a tune.

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/05hvi.htm

Old 07-24-2008, 07:53 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

I have an AFE intake, was installed without a tune. But I elected to get a tune from Brenspeed anyways. Glad I did, just getting rid of the throttle lag was enough to make it worth the money!

$4.78? Wow where do you live!? I think I paid $4.23 for premium Chevron yesterday.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:24 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vphokie

$4.78? Wow where do you live!? I think I paid $4.23 for premium Chevron yesterday.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:50 PM
rnail
1st Gear Member

I had the GMS CAI installed on my 2006GT for over a year and really enjoyed it. Easy install, great Idle, and I would estimate somewhere in the range of 20HP. Before I installed it, I could not spin the tires off the stop (Hot in Texas), but afterward, watch out. Also, the best bang for the buck was at the top end - really screamed, andI could really feelalot more pull in the midrange.

I took it offas well recently as well as an complete Steeda suspension set up earlier this year (which I sold to fellow stangers)since Iwanted toreturn my car back to stock to take it to some shows.

I would be willing to make a good deal for the GMS CAI kit. Original price was over $300. Since it's used and I'm always nice to fellow stangers when I trade parts, I'd part with it for $100 plus shipping.

PM me if interested.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:11 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rnail

I had the GMS CAI installed on my 2006GT for over a year and really enjoyed it. Easy install, great Idle, and I would estimate somewhere in the range of 20HP. Before I installed it, I could not spin the tires off the stop (Hot in Texas), but afterward, watch out. Also, the best bang for the buck was at the top end - really screamed, andI could really feelalot more pull in the midrange.

I took it offas well recently as well as an complete Steeda suspension set up earlier this year (which I sold to fellow stangers)since Iwanted toreturn my car back to stock to take it to some shows.

I would be willing to make a good deal for the GMS CAI kit. Original price was over $300. Since it's used and I'm always nice to fellow stangers when I trade parts, I'd part with it for $100 plus shipping.

PM me if interested.

Damn man i just paid $350 for my GMS CAI, ****.

Quick Reply: Best CAI WITHOUT tuner