Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple or KB, KB or Whipple????

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 12:11 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Whipple or KB, KB or Whipple????

ORIGINAL: funtimesalways

i have been flirting with the idea of building an 09 with all steeda package, and seeing yours just pushes me even more
Thanks! I wanted something special and felt a Steeda was alot less common than a Roush or Saleen. I love the Roush's and Saleen's but wanted people to say "What the heck is a Steeda?"

I could not be happier! Well maybe happier if I have gone with the Q500 like I was thinking about. If I do the SC then I will basically have the Q500.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:14 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

do you live near a steeda dealer? there is one not far from my place, but they dont auctually have one on the lot, you have to go in and order it. so i was just going to get an 09 with glass roof of course and order the steeda package. my org. intent was to S/C the SGT with the whipple HO. but i got told that i cannot modify a SGT computer, as shelby has it locked. so when all is said and done, i am looking at much more than i wanted to spend
Old 07-24-2008, 12:22 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

I live in the Metro Detroit Area of Michigan - Motor City. There is a Ford Dealer in Dearborn that is also a Steeda Dealership.

I ordered mine. I ordered a 2008 GT Convertible - Premium then added the Q350 plus a couple other items as part of the same Purchase Order. The vehicle went from the factory to the dealership and then to Steeda for the mod's and back to the dealership. It adds 2 - 4 weeks to the overall process but is well worth it!

So all the mod's were done prior to me actually taking ownership of the car.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:08 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 08Steeda

PLstang,

You seem way crazy and more knowledgeable than most so I have a question for you. What are your thoughts on the new Roush TVS2300 SC?

I was going to get the Whipple HO but a friend works at Roush and I can get it at Employee Cost. I don't think I would go more than 10PSI with the stock motor.

I am not looking to become a track hound but would like to beat my buddy with an older Z06 someday. My car is running in the high 12's now.

My car is an 08 Mustang GT Automatic/Convertible Plus Q350 Steeda Package.
Here are my mod's:
Steeda UDP's
FRPP 3:73's
Steeda Throttle Body Delete/Charge Motion Plate
Steeda Performance CAI - Custom Tune
90 MM Mass Air
Steeda Short Headers
Steeda Axle-Back Exhaust
Steeda Sport Springs
Tokico D-Spec Shocks (not installed yet)
Spyder 1-piece drive shaft and safety loop ordered
Steeda Bump Steer Kit
Steeda G-Trac
Steeda front/rear sway bars
Steeda LCA's
Steeda Double Strut Tower Brace

What SC do you recommend for my 4.6 3V?
What else do I need to do/add when I do the SC?

I don't mean to hijack your thread so here is mine explaining my situation. I would appreciate your advice.

Here is my thread on the subject:
https://mustangforums.com/m_5300459/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
Well to answer your question, I would go with the KB. That's what I had when I had a 4.6L motor and I'd do it again. However, there are several factors that should go into the decision. One of the major ones is what does your tuner like?? What has he got experience with?? It doesn't matter how good the blower is if the shop doing the work on your car isn't familiar with it.

Having said that I think the Rousch blower looks pretty good. However, I think their still playing catch up with Whipple and KB. I don't know what kind of longevity you can expect out of the blower because I don't know enough people that have it. What will happen if you over spin it? Is there room for improvement?

I'll see if I can get some more info on the Rousch charger and give you a little better and more informed answer!
Old 07-24-2008, 02:29 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PLstang

Hoping to get that physical pretty soon!!

Turn your head and COUGH!!
Old 07-24-2008, 02:34 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Well I'm afraid since I'm now 42 the physical will consist of more then just that![:@]

But if my buddy can get his 9 second license (he's 74) I think I can!

Funny thing they issued his permanent numbers and they are 420!! His car now has "Smokin Time" written across the cowl![8D]
Old 07-24-2008, 03:55 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

PLstang,

My current tuner is Steeda. They have a local shop. And they have the most experience with Whipple.

But a buddy of mine works for Roush and he can arrange to have Roush do the install and Tune. Plus Roush is local to me. The shop they build all their Roush Mustangs is less than 30 minutes from my home.

Plus I can get the new TVS2300 plus installation at Roush Employee cost which is like 2K lower than I can buy the Whipple Kit for.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:22 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Well I'm not a big Rousch fan. But that's just me. Met the guy and well.....

It sounds like you're in a good spot to go with either the Roush or the Whipple.

Like I said, let me do a little research on the new Roush charger and I'll PM you, going by my shop this evening and I'll see what I can find out about the TVS2300.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:46 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PLstang

Well I'm not a big Roush fan. But that's just me. Met the guy and well.....

It sounds like you're in a good spot to go with either the Roush or the Whipple.

Like I said, let me do a little research on the new Roush charger and I'll PM you, going by my shop this evening and I'll see what I can find out about the TVS2300.
Thanks a lot!!! I look forward to your PM. Sorry for hijacking your post!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:24 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 08Steeda

Thanks a lot!!! I look forward to your PM. Sorry for hijacking your post!
No problem!! That's what we're all here for to learn about these cars! Can't do that without discussion!

PM sent!

Quick Reply: Whipple or KB, KB or Whipple????