Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

steeda sport springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 06:36 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: steeda sport springs

I've had it aligned twice, once with the first set of wheels and once with the second...no issues what-so-ever. I did not have to buy camber bolts and I did not buy new struts/shocks and the car actually rides very nice....but that is only because the drop is very minimal.

just PMmeif you are interested
Old 07-24-2008, 06:55 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: steeda sport springs

I have the Steeda Sport Springs. I reckon that if it were any lower than the 15/16ths front and 1 1/16th rear drop (by actual measurement), it would require too much care on the road and possibly too much alteration for camber setting and maybe even rear end alignment.

In use, they are ever so slightly stiffer than the stock V6 springs, but not objectionably so. They settled not at all after a few weeks use. I understand they (like many other brands) are made to Steeda's specs by Eibach. Steeda touts the alignment of the springs' ends as a plus, in that when the spring compresses it does not impart twisting motion between the wheel-end mount and body mount points. Probably not a real consideration.

I've had them on for more than a year, by now, and am used to the idea that the chin spoiler will get rubbed on the far side of some dips and driveways, if I fail to slow that last MPH before hitting them. Most of the time I can approach the obstacle at enough of an angle that the chassis and sway bars act as booster springs, so the speed can be a little higher than the straight-on approach.

For my style of car use, the Steeda Sport springs are an excellent compromise. If appearance were more important to me and utility less important, I might like the look of a lower car; however, to me it ain't worth the sacrifices.