Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chain Link Fence-1 Mustang-0 PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

Default Chain Link Fence-1 Mustang-0 PICS**

Young dumb and never learn. You cant always have close calls. So i fishtailed and overcorrected, saw a car and stopped/slid into a chainlink fence. I dont want to go through the Insurance company again as i have finally worked them out for more money than ive paid so im pretty sure theyd drop me for this one. Im prettyy much going to do most of it myself, besides, thats the fun way! Im looking for suggestions on what i should do or where i should buy parts. I have a good shop to get it painted at( they did it the last few times) and i was looking to get a newtakeoff bumper in vista blue, a primered fender( any ideas where to go) and a new headlight. The headlight bezel is bent a little but nothing that cant be fixed. I massaged the fender with a 5 lb persuader to get it so it wasnt hanging out. The hood is fiberglass and not to bad, just a small chip/scrape up front and most of the silver is paint from how thick it was on the fence. The drivers door looks good, has one small chip( bb-sized) from the fender touching it but nothing ill worry about. Any ideas on where to buy a fender from, or a headlight? What about front bumpers, mabey i should go gt500?? .... but thats just more expensive to replace next time! -Jon

Old 07-24-2008, 07:49 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Chain Link Fence-1 Mustang-0 PICS**

the gT500 front end is 1500+ plus paint....any other from bumper other than a painted one rom newtakeoff or whatever is going to be 500+ pretty much. The cost of having all of this fixed yourself is going to be quite alot. Insurance should only cost your deductable which would be far less. Just how many times has is "last few times".....
Old 07-24-2008, 07:50 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

ouch. id stay with stock or get something that dosent need the entire bumper internals replaced. it well be cheaper that way.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:51 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

sorry man that sucks
Old 07-24-2008, 07:56 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Why do you need a new fender? Come on...the paint looks intact. Try one of those paintless dent removal places

At least you didn't hit the oncoming traffic. You would definitely have had to go through your insurance company.

In a battle between a car and an inanimate, stationary object...the car loses everytime. Bummer!
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the crash. Ive seen some fenders from google for pretty cheap. As far as the bumper goes, you already have the grille so it should cost about 350 from ninosport.com the hood looks like it just needs a bit of paint from what i can see in the pictures. I think you should be able to fix it cheaper than you think
GOT OATZ
2nd Gear Member

Exactly how many is a few times?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:01 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

that should buff out!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:01 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I'll sell you my stock hood.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:05 PM
oldschoolera
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Yonco

Young dumb and never learn. You cant always have close calls. So i fishtailed and overcorrected, saw a car and stopped/slid into a chainlink fence. I dont want to go through the Insurance company again as i have finally worked them out for more money than ive paid so im pretty sure theyd drop me for this one. Im prettyy much going to do most of it myself, besides, thats the fun way! Im looking for suggestions on what i should do or where i should buy parts. I have a good shop to get it painted at( they did it the last few times) and i was looking to get a newtakeoff bumper in vista blue, a primered fender( any ideas where to go) and a new headlight. The headlight bezel is bent a little but nothing that cant be fixed. I massaged the fender with a 5 lb persuader to get it so it wasnt hanging out. The hood is fiberglass and not to bad, just a small chip/scrape up front and most of the silver is paint from how thick it was on the fence. The drivers door looks good, has one small chip( bb-sized) from the fender touching it but nothing ill worry about. Any ideas on where to buy a fender from, or a headlight? What about front bumpers, mabey i should go gt500?? .... but thats just more expensive to replace next time! -Jon

Roush Stage I woud look good.

Quick Reply: Chain Link Fence-1 Mustang-0 PICS**