Eibach pro kit just arrived.. any tips/help before i start the install? also a couple ?s inside... - Page 3 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs
Reload this Page >

Eibach pro kit just arrived.. any tips/help before i start the install? also a couple ?s inside...

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Eibach pro kit just arrived.. any tips/help before i start the install? also a couple ?s inside...

Old 07-26-2008, 07:04 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Eibach pro kit just arrived.. any tips/help before i start the install? also a couple ?s inside.

ORIGINAL: GTstangB.F.D.M.

hey thanks buddy..

i am glad i did it.. just put it that way.. it looks and handles wayyyy better.. and the ride didnt even get bumpier IMO.. i think it even feels better than stock..

i do wish it was about a half inch lower... (sportlines [:@])... lol.. but didnt wanna hassel with alignments and/or shocks and struts right now..

i deffintaley like how it sits tho.. just put it that way.. look 100x better..

thanks for the help... pics will be up soon.. i will take them asap
I told you...Syndrome. You could have got the shocks/struts later...oh well to late now. I am glad you like them though, and post pics when you can.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:10 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Eibach pro kit just arrived.. any tips/help before i start the install? also a couple ?s inside.

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

i just lowered mine today too. didn't use a spring compressor. just let the whole assembly blow up when we took it apart haha.......then sat on it to get it back together with the new spring. wasn't bad at all. would a compressor make things easier? yes.

haven't even installed the panhard bar yet because they ****ing sent it with the wrong bushings. oh well, i put the brace in anyway.

the improvement in stance is un****ingbelievable. so is the handling.

is it just me, or does it pull harder up top? the engine doesn't seem to struggle so much against the air.
Thehandling seems like what should have come from the factory.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

how long would the stock shocks/struts last with new springs?
Old 07-26-2008, 07:49 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Avalanch3

how long would the stock shocks/struts last with new springs?
I can't really say. I guess it would depend on a combination of plenty of things (i.e. road conditions, how hard they are used...etc.)
Old 07-26-2008, 07:59 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

americanmuscle4.6 - i agree.. i was test drivin it last night and on my way home ran up on a gt500 wiht a hot, fine *** mom driving..

well she starts to slow down and we start playin around.. (it was a new 08 too btw.. had the HIDs).. anyways.. i held with her for the 3 seconds we ran from about a 15 -20 mph roll.. then we both left off due to turns and everyhting..

then on the main strip.. we dropped down to about 35-40 ish.. i slammed 1st (which is like the top of the gear) because 2nd would have bogged down to much.. and man.. when i dropped into first, man it felt like i just launched a 10 second car at 6 grand with the wheels comin off the ground.. it was amazing.. plan on doin that more often!! lol!.. j/k.. but if you guys are wondering what happen on the second run, she didnt budge bc her daughter (in the back seat) was embarassed (as her mother said at the stop light)... she yells over.. my daughter in the back is embarrased bc she has a cool mom.. and i yell back, ya and hot too!.. LOLOL..

alright guys.. thanks again for the great advice and help..

Old 07-27-2008, 08:56 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

You'll settle out a little bit, so in a few weeks, it will drop just a bit more.

Actually, lowering typically does help performance. Being lower to the ground helps with aerodynamics.