Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am no longer a GT350

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 07:29 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I am no longer a GT350

This is what my next car will look like (but red w/ white stripes), apexstang your car has the most retro look i've seen onany s197. Obviously our cars are modeled after the early mustangs so i see nothing wrong with adding to the theme. the new stripes look good too though.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

i liked it a lot better before. put the stripes back on and do what made you happy in the first place. and if the badge was a gift from your kids and you like the design, i say keep it as well. i really liked how your car looked before everyone started ragging on you. JMO.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Blue Meanie
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cavediver

ORIGINAL: vack75

Ya caved to the forums ****'s I see..........sorry to hear that, I liked it the other way too, but I'm biased, I love my tribute, I don't have any "SHELBY" stuff on it, but I dress my baby the way I see fit, not the way some anonymous person on an internet forum tells me to. But your garage is pretty nice!!! And your car is still sweet looking, just missin it's original personality you gave it.
A "tribute" to Shelby would be a fund raiser to benefit children with cancer or something similar. Ask Carroll Shelby if he considers these kind of cars as "tributes"? We all know the answer to that. Is that "Rolex" you buy on the streets in NYC for $25.00 a "tribute" to Rolex? Ask them and we all know the answer. Is that knockoff "Coach" purse you buy for $15.00 a tribute to Coach?

These cars are in no way, shape or form "tributes" to anything so why do you call them that? Call them what they are; clones, fakes, posers, wanna bee's, or whatever. Copying something that someone else owns the intellectual properties to without their permission isn't a tribute to anything.

Now, get Carroll Shelby to authorize and sign off on the car and I have no problem with you calling it a "tribute"

Just my 2 cents.

How did Carroll Shelby get elevated to GOD status. He is now and always was a hack who is more than happy to put his name on ANYTHING made by ANYBODY for the right amount of money. Do you honestly think that if someone put Shelby GLH stickers on a regular Dodge Omni anybody in the world would even care?

Check out all the Shelby merchandise, including the vaunted Snake emblems, that Shelby himself will sell to anybody. Do you think he's selling snakes to people that have GT500's already. He doesn't care. And neither does anybody else except for a couple of elitists here and there who don't want their feelings hurt about somebody copying their overpriced cars for half the price.

Shelby doesn't even own the rights to the snake or most of the other things associated with him. He's a terrible businessman who has to ***** out his "legendary" name for a few buck where he can get it.

He'll also sign absolutely anything including that bottle of Z Max that he stakes his reputation on.(What little there is of that)

If you buy a new V6 Mustang and send it to Shelby, he can have a Paxton supercharger installed on it for roughly 3 times as much as it would cost to have a local shop do it. But then he'll slap a Shelby plaque on the dash and you can have a real honest to GOD Shelby V6 Mustang.

You can even put snakes on it.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:00 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Looked better with GT350 ... keep the snake ...

Old 07-26-2008, 10:15 PM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

How did Carroll Shelby get elevated to GOD status. He is now and always was a hack who is more than happy to put his name on ANYTHING made by ANYBODY for the right amount of money. Do you honestly think that if someone put Shelby GLH stickers on a regular Dodge Omni anybody in the world would even care?

Check out all the Shelby merchandise, including the vaunted Snake emblems, that Shelby himself will sell to anybody. Do you think he's selling snakes to people that have GT500's already. He doesn't care. And neither does anybody else except for a couple of elitists here and there who don't want their feelings hurt about somebody copying their overpriced cars for half the price.

Shelby doesn't even own the rights to the snake or most of the other things associated with him. He's a terrible businessman who has to ***** out his "legendary" name for a few buck where he can get it.

He'll also sign absolutely anything including that bottle of Z Max that he stakes his reputation on.(What little there is of that)

If you buy a new V6 Mustang and send it to Shelby, he can have a Paxton supercharger installed on it for roughly 3 times as much as it would cost to have a local shop do it. But then he'll slap a Shelby plaque on the dash and you can have a real honest to GOD Shelby V6 Mustang.

Amen

maybe we should call the Boss Striped people Posers, and Roush Mod Cars Roush Posers, maybe Some Saleen Posers...........but nope you're only considered a poser if you slap a GT something on your car
Old 07-26-2008, 10:49 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blue Meanie

ORIGINAL: cavediver

ORIGINAL: vack75

Ya caved to the forums ****'s I see..........sorry to hear that, I liked it the other way too, but I'm biased, I love my tribute, I don't have any "SHELBY" stuff on it, but I dress my baby the way I see fit, not the way some anonymous person on an internet forum tells me to. But your garage is pretty nice!!! And your car is still sweet looking, just missin it's original personality you gave it.
A "tribute" to Shelby would be a fund raiser to benefit children with cancer or something similar. Ask Carroll Shelby if he considers these kind of cars as "tributes"? We all know the answer to that. Is that "Rolex" you buy on the streets in NYC for $25.00 a "tribute" to Rolex? Ask them and we all know the answer. Is that knockoff "Coach" purse you buy for $15.00 a tribute to Coach?

These cars are in no way, shape or form "tributes" to anything so why do you call them that? Call them what they are; clones, fakes, posers, wanna bee's, or whatever. Copying something that someone else owns the intellectual properties to without their permission isn't a tribute to anything.

Now, get Carroll Shelby to authorize and sign off on the car and I have no problem with you calling it a "tribute"

Just my 2 cents.

All true, but he does make damn good chili.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:53 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ApexStang

Well I'm still a GT350 and I consider it a tribute to my favorite car Shelby made. I'm not so sure you can call me a poser because there isn't a current GT350 to pose against. If they were currently producing a GT350, then I would not have created my car.

I'm pretty sure with the Eleanor Hood, Whipple HO Kit, Suspension Upgrades, and Front and Rear Bumper cover upgrades and painted stripes, Mr. Shelby would not be too offended by my car. After all, imitation is the best form of flattery.

But there are current model GT 350's. Google them. Guess you will be stipping off all the poser junk.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:13 AM
ApexStang
2nd Gear Member

No bud, they aren't currently making a GT350. It is something the Shelby staff has talked about, but currently TODAY (not to mention back in 2007 when I started this build) they are not making a GT350.

They make Hertz, a Shelby GT and the GT500 and KR.

I don't see the GT350. When they do come out with a GT350, I'll cross that brigde then.

By the way, stop all the childish poser talk it's a bit rediculous
Old 07-27-2008, 09:25 AM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

I'm not going to lie, some people on here are ********, get a damn life.....

buying a fake rolex is much different then how you style your car to imitate a vehicle you like...

seriously you must be one of the **** ****ing people that gets annoyed by everything, if you have nothing positive to say, then please STFU.

OP: Looked better with the "GT350" fading white would be cool as well... keep the rear emblem, looks fine IMO....but I must be poser lol, I drive a new mustang that looks like on from the 60s, oh sorry....end rant
Old 07-27-2008, 09:42 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ApexStang

No bud, they aren't currently making a GT350. It is something the Shelby staff has talked about, but currently TODAY (not to mention back in 2007 when I started this build) they are not making a GT350.

They make Hertz, a Shelby GT and the GT500 and KR.

I don't see the GT350. When they do come out with a GT350, I'll cross that brigde then.

By the way, stop all the childish poser talk it's a bit rediculous

Did you Google it like I told you to? Dealer doing it.

Quick Reply: I am no longer a GT350