Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Halo fog lights burnt out again

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 09:49 AM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

Originally Posted by 2007CalSpec
Good info. Thanks! This weekend I was going to try moving the driver's side inverter to the passenger side so both inverters are together on one side. We'll know if the cause is the inverter itself or the driver's side harness. The reason I thought it might've been the harness is because another member has the same problem with dimming on the driver's side. Could be just coincidence.
wow thats crazy... glad i found this thread because i just bought a pair of halo fogs and had them installed. and the driver's side is clearly dimmer than the passenger but i just kinda got over it. i didnt realize that many people shared this same problem.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:38 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wolfpup
wow thats crazy... glad i found this thread because i just bought a pair of halo fogs and had them installed. and the driver's side is clearly dimmer than the passenger but i just kinda got over it. i didnt realize that many people shared this same problem.
Hmmm...You're the second person I know that have this problem now...dimming on the driver's side. That makes three people including me. I'm leaning towards the driver's side harness as being the culprit now. We'll know for sure when I switch the inverter on the driver's side to the passenger's side. Gonna do this tomorrow, Monday, when I install my new grill and do it all in one shot.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:48 AM
overdrawn

You guys with the halo headlights and/or fogs post some pics here?? I'm on the verge, but would like to see some actual pics --different angles and versions.. I know there are a couple here; but some unaltered several angle pics would be great--if/when you get a chance! Thanks!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:12 AM
mds08
1st Gear Member

Go with the Silverstars.They are brighter and last a long time.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:36 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mds08
Go with the Silverstars.They are brighter and last a long time.
Huh? Silverstars are just light bulbs. Not the same as halos.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:44 PM
tfmoussa

Hey guys, I don't currently own a mustang, but I have in the past and would love to get another in the near future. I stumbled upon a rebuilder BMW that I decided to purchase, and I've been having some problems w/ the CCFL halos that I was hoping some of you may possibly be able/willing to help me out with.

On my passenger side lights, the inside light is fully lit while the outside light is off entirely. On my driver side lights, the outside light is fully lit, and the inside light is dim (my halos are blue so the dimmed halo looks purple). They are aftermarket lights I bought from eBay for the rebuild. I have had them for about 1-2 months.

I did a lot of research and saw that for many people, the problem was the inverter. But in this case I expected that both halo's on the same side would have gone out. So I decided to try some things to see if I could maybe narrow the cause down.

I pulled out the wires for the passenger head light, and I decided to flip the wires for the inside and outside halo's (i.e. I put the inside halo plug where the outside halo's was, and visa versa). After doing this, the inside halo was STILL the only one lighting up. So I went on further and I switched the connecting (extension) wire that was used on each halo to see if that made any difference. But unfortunately, only the inside halo was still lit. From this it seems that my inverter is outputting the energy properly to both outputs, but that the outside halo isn't turning on for some other reason.

When I first got the lights all 4 halo's lit up beautifully. But soon after they begin failing. From my readings it seems that CCFL lights shouldn't really give any problems themselves...usually it should just be wiring. But given the wiring 'tests' that I've done, I'm not so sure that the wiring is the issue. And I feel pretty confident that the inverter isn't the problem since the inside light works just fine regardless of which plug I put it in.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be? The halo's have no physical damage at all. I really have no clue as to what the issue is, but I would like to get them fixed so the car doesn't look ****-eyed.

Thanks in advance fellas! My car is a 2006 325i (e90).