Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do people try to get your attention / impress you due to you having a S197 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 10:26 PM
CapitalG
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Do people try to get your attention / impress you due to you having a S197 ?

ORIGINAL: raubt

ORIGINAL: CapitalG
so he gets a clear shot and completely floors it in a 35 ........ so I'm thinking ok this guy must want to race and I have a v6 .....
Maybe it had nothing to do with you and he just wanted to stomp on his car and hear his exhaust roar since it was nice out.
his buddy looked over at me twice , so convidence ? you tell me
Old 07-30-2008, 10:46 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Do people try to get your attention / impress you due to you having a S197 ?

Usually with me, It's an older Mustang thats trying to get me going.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:19 PM
boomer123
3rd Gear Member

haha it actually doesnt happen to me much =(
Old 07-30-2008, 11:36 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

had a "Mullet Mobile" [Camaro] drive past me, then slow down and let me pass, then pass me....it was an older Z28....had I only been in the GT500 [&:]
Old 07-30-2008, 11:42 PM
thrift
1st Gear Member

mullet mobile....priceless...
Old 07-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

I usually don't get people trying to race me, but every time I go to Manhattan Beach it seems there is somebody trying to race/showoff. First it was two crappy Camaro's, then an old pickup with an 8 that kept getting beside me and accelerating (my wife and I just sat there and laughed). The other night it was an old muscle car that looked like they just came from the track. It looked like an old Charger, but idk because it was dark and I have bad vision. Anyway, this guy was getting beside me and accelerating trying to get me to bite. I was pissed because I had my wife and her sister in the car with me and she'd go freakin' crazy if I even thought about racing. Hopefully I'll catch that guy when I'm alone and smoke his ***.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:04 AM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp

I've work with a fellow nurse who has a Hyundai Tiburon who is always wanting to race......her car is even equipped with "racing" tires ~ ! (her low profiles )

I have to remind her daily that I am too fearful of being takenout by her import vehicle, and it would greatly hurt my pride.....therefore I refrain.
Lmao Saddle, every thread i've read tonight you've posted in. Glad you feel good enough to come back around and see us. On the other hand, I have a Tiburon GT v6 6speed. [&:] Granted, it's no Mustang, but it will move on.

And 'Sleep Deprived' - Never seen you before, but damn that is a sexy car. And I despise maroon colors. But that car pulls it off nicely. Again, very nice ride.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:11 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I was in withdrawl. [&:]
Old 07-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Johnboy7701

Yeah from some retard with a cobalt ss... haha... just started laughing... then about 2 weeks later I am cruising down the highway and look whom do I see.. that retard again... pull up beside him drop it in 3rd and embarass him with his girlfriend in the car... priceless
Don't get mad about the SS, it has more speed than you in a corner, MUCH more.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:02 AM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

I get it from ricers and b-mers and beater V-8's...very rarely do any newer camaros, vettes or stangs around here play that much...I talk to allot of them at lights and we usually appreciate each others vehicles...
Yea I agree. Not too many street races round these parts of Florida. Unless you go to the Gandy Bridge on Fri and Sat nights when the rice is just overflowing.

Quick Reply: Do people try to get your attention / impress you due to you having a S197 ?