Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do people try to get your attention / impress you due to you having a S197 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 01:47 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Do people try to get your attention / impress you due to you having a S197 ?

Well I live on a marine corps base so all there is around here is nice cars. Guys go to Iraq save up there money then come back and put a big down payment on a car they would never be able to afford. Theres at least 100 s197. Leaving my base, out the front gate, puts us right onto the start of a highway so pretty much every time you leave there is someone trying to race. I mean 90% of people around here are between the ages of 18 and 25, you can only imagine. About a 1/4 mile after you can start speeding up theres a 90 degree corner that someone wreaks their car on every week. Last year one week belonged to my buddy in his fox body, he only had it for 2 weeks before he totaled it.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:25 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Do people try to get your attention / impress you due to you having a S197 ?

I'm not really much of a racer but about 3 weeks ago i was going home on the highway, i was in chill mode but all i can see are these HIDs in my review comin up REAL quick and im in the left lane. As they got closer and closer i thought it was a g35 or somthing cause of the lights but iknew they do the nice rutein of goinginto the right lane then cut you off in the left before they get blocked into the right lane before they hit the person in the right lane lol. So i thought ahead lol i spead up alittle bit, and what do ya know he got blocked lmao and was madd so then after he's right up my A$$ i could'nt even see his head lights thats how far but he had a 4 people in the car and where kids prolly boyfriends and girlfriends. So as soon as we past the car in the right lane (cause we are both in the left) i knew he try to sling-shot pass me so right before he gets beside me i gun it then he does and lemme tell you what, he got as close as my quarter panel and drifted back like 2 car lenghts then i let off and got back into the right lane and he never tryed to pass me he stayed behind me and as i was getting off the highway he beeped at me out of respect witch was cool and it was a GX37 type-S as i saw as i was exiting the highway so i was happy with my Sixxer
Old 07-31-2008, 09:05 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I get it on occasions. A slowbalt wanted to play a few weeks back. That didn't work to well for him.

Most of the times around here it is the vette owners.........I like vette owners! They want to pick on something they know they can beat. I think they look for the GT badges!!! They like to pull up next to me and jump a little. If I'm in the mood I'll ablige them....it doesn't last long!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:41 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

I get it a fair amount just cause my car wakes the dead so everybody thinsk I want to race for some reason and im the opposite im so chill when I drive for the most part.

I had a beat up old mr2 turbo reving at me with his buddy in a ****ty 240 with aturbo behind him both reving at me,...I said to myself man that guys car looks like its going to fall apart and guess what.....douche bag in the mr2 punches it at the light shifts into 2nd then off goes his ****ty coffe can muffler, then his extra cool buddy behind him in the 240 was punching it to so he ended up running over his buddys muffler wich ****ed up his front end nicely im sure as it got stuck and he dragged it. 5 min before that soem dude in a escalade was haning out the window tellingme tp punch it and im just staring at him then his hat flys off, it was great all this happen in a matter of 10 min. I almost had to pull over cause I was cracking up pretty dam good.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:07 AM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

^ Yea Tombstangs car can be heard for MILES...Wicked sound
Old 07-31-2008, 11:20 AM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

If you never have had any experiences like these, try driving where I live (Indianapolis, IN area). This thread sounds like a typical week with my daily drive to downtown Indianapolis for work. I moved here about 3 months ago and you would not believe how many mullet having, hayseed hicks want to race from every stoplight, on the highway, and especially down a lane that's ending in an upcoming merge. I've had people pass me on the shoulder in an attempt to force a merge. Forget about the theory of moving over ahead of time when you know you lane is ending 1 mile ahead, these drivers run full force down the upcoming ending lane and force their way in. You're forced to either tailgate the person in front of you and risk rear-ending them to prevent them from ripping your front bumper off,or risk having an in-bred parade see one car get in in front of you and allfollow him like he's got a trunkload of free tickest to billy-ray cyress. This is the first place (and hopefully the last), that I have ever witnessed a dodge caravan with dual exhaust glasspacks pull up along side me and do a neutral drop. I almost lost control of my car and nearly pissed my pants I was laughing so hard.I feel like im doing a trial run for the pole position every morning and afternoon going to and from work. In my 36 years on this planet, Indiana drivers are the WORST I have ever seen (With Missouri running a close second).
Old 07-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Ragnar
1st Gear Member

Normally the few I've had just pulled up to say I had a nice car. But in the last month I had two situations like this. One was a guy in a 2004 Cobra that was really nice. He was following me and then pulled along side for a bit, then quickly shot in front of me. He slowed down in the middle of the street to where I got real close to his bumper, then floored it spinning his tires. I pulled up next to him at the light and we raced a couple hundred yards. I had him by a length or two and then eased up because we were right in front of a college where cops are always patrolling.

The other was an idiot on the expressway in a Chrysler Intrepid. He pulled up along side of me while we were doing 70. He's waving to me like he wants me to follow him. He then cuts in front of me and shoots over a couple lanes and accelerates hard. He's weaving in and out of cars. I didn't even go there.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:01 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

The funny thing is before I put my car in the shop to do all my upgrades I would always have someone pulling up next to me and accelerating to try to get me to race. Usually some putts knock in a GTO or Charger. I then noticed after adding the Long tubes and Cams as my exhaust got way louder and the car idles rougher folks leave me alone. I like it that way as I have nothing to prove.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:21 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

I live in Alabama...(go ahead and start the jokes)... so every 96 Z71 truck with dual exhaust trys to race me, I dont go a full day with out someone wanting to race.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:56 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06elnr

I live in Alabama...(go ahead and start the jokes)... so every 96 Z71 truck with dual exhaust trys to race me, I dont go a full day with out someone wanting to race.
LOL! me too bro, but I don't have your problem. My problem is with everyone wanting to look at my car so much so that they almost cause traffic acidents trying to figuer out, "Is that a KR or Shelby something or maybe...." LOL! its too funny to watch, mouths all hanging open seeing them mouth, "Holy S@#$!"

Quick Reply: Do people try to get your attention / impress you due to you having a S197 ?