Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do people try to get your attention / impress you due to you having a S197 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Default RE: Do people try to get your attention / impress you due to you having a S197 ?

Ragnar:
Normally the few I've had just pulled up to say I had a nice car. But in the last month I had two situations like this. One was a guy in a 2004 Cobra that was really nice. He was following me and then pulled along side for a bit, then quickly shot in front of me. He slowed down in the middle of the street to where I got real close to his bumper, then floored it spinning his tires. I pulled up next to him at the light and we raced a couple hundred yards. I had him by a length or two and then eased up because we were right in front of a college where cops are always patrolling.

The other was an idiot on the expressway in a Chrysler Intrepid. He pulled up along side of me while we were doing 70. He's waving to me like he wants me to follow him. He then cuts in front of me and shoots over a couple lanes and accelerates hard. He's weaving in and out of cars. I didn't even go there.

2006 Mustang GT Prem., Windveil Blue, Auto., IUP, Active Anti-Theft
Mods: MAG Plenum Cover, Seq. TLs, CAI & SCT Tune, CDC Quarter Window Louvers & Classic Chin Spoiler, Billett Al. Int. Items, Cali Dream Hood, Honeycomb Rear Panel, Lower Grill Inserts

You beat an 04 Cobra with just those mods????????????
errrrr....
Old 08-01-2008, 03:54 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Do people try to get your attention / impress you due to you having a S197 ?

I've all sorts of jackholes try to impress me....let's see, no offense to the V6 guys, but I had a V6 guy try impress me....had the Cobalt SS guys at least 3 times try to act all cool....ummm, an 01 GT(but I admit, I was impressed with his car...his license plate said "BLOWN 01" so I figured he was definitely faster) Ummm I had some turds in a 4 door honda civic drive by and give me the thumbs down. Meanwhile their huge coffee can exhaust had left so much exhaust marks on the back bumper...it was hilarious.

Then again, just as often I get compliments at gas stations. And the occassional thumbs up from other mustang owners.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:38 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

I had one person in a Mini Cooper S race me a few months ago while I was in my S197. The road started out straight, which made it no problem to pull in front of him. Obviously, the GT has a lot more power. However, he destroyed me on the curvy part.

If you want to get raced at every light, then just drive a Corvette. Some jerk is always trying to race my C5. Usually trucks and minivans. I mostly ignore them.

I had one incident with an S197. I was in the C5 and he was trying to keep up in his V6 Pony Package. The next thing I know, I hear tires squealing and see him fish tailing behind me.

If you're going to have fun, then do it safely and know the limits of your vehicle!