Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Wonderful Dealership (yeah right...)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 09:17 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

Default The Wonderful Dealership (yeah right...)

I took my car in today because I decided I could no longer take all the rattles and crap going on with my car. I spoke to a technician who told me the buzzin subwoofer would be replaced, the rattling mirror that rattles everytime I close the door would be resolved and the peeling door handle would be repainted. He explained to me that they would need to keep the car until monday because the painter would not be in until tomorrow and the new woofer wouldn't be here until monday. I was fine with everything and was actually pleased when the tech called me a few hours later to update me and gimme the scoop on everything. The only problem was that I left a bag in the front seat that I needed to get, so I returned a few hours later to retrieve it and the tech took me to the body shop where my car was behind the dealership. I grab the bag, and decide to look at my newly installed CDC Aggressive lip that has been on the car for a couple weeks now. That's when my jaw dropped.
Whoever moved my car to the back of the dealershipdecided to pull way to far foward and run the lip into the curb. There was a series of inch long scratches on the top in the center and all the paint on the leading edge of the spoiler was missing. I explained that this was not a result of me, and he assured me it would be painted along with the door handle tomorrow. I was happy to hear that news then I started to worry. What if they don't reinstall it properly? What if it is cracked now underneath? I am afraid that the dealer will just tell me to just file an insurance claim and get a new one. Has anything like this every happened to anyone? I was pleased with how everything was handled, I just want everything to be as good as promised. Can the factory paint shop repair an afermarketlip like this? I hope so... What a day, just venting...
Old 08-01-2008, 09:26 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: The Wonderful Dealership (yeah right...)

Sure they can paint anything they want...after all, they are a paint shop. It sounds like your dealershop is actually doing a decent job so far working with you. Just check on it after its done and make sure its good to go.

The dealer can't tell you to file an insurance claim. That would be fraud. If the car is on their lot and they damaged it, then they are liable for the repairs.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:15 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

It sounds like they will do the right thing. Give them a chance, and see how it goes.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

My SOP when I go to the dealership, I grab the service manager and someone else, we walk around the car, look carefully at everything inside and out. I point out that there is absolutely NOscratches,dings or anything out of place. Then afterthey agree, I walk away and let them do the work, I have been in 2 times and never had anything but a polished car come back.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Bullitt#3949
1st Gear Member

id sue the pants off them at judge judy.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:31 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

sounds like a good dealer im sure you will be fine
Old 08-02-2008, 11:02 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

If they were a good dealer, they would have pointed out the damage
instead of the customer finding it and having to make sure it gets fixed.
Sounds like they were going to try and pull a fast one before you caught
them and pointed out the damage. They were either hoping you would
not notice it or they would fix it without you ever knowing it happened.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

The "dealer" may not have known.
Heck, the idiot who put the scratches in may have been oblivious.
It's a reach to automatically assume they were trying to pull a fast one.
When it was pointed out, they responded properly.
Let's see how they do.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:05 PM
sjpdpm

took my car in for service work.they had toreapir the computer(no speedometer), inspection, and air bag recall.1 week later when i picked it up, the computer was replaced, the inspection was done, and my drivers side mat wascovered in grease and grime. not one idiot could cover my carpeting with a paper mat. they said i could leave it for a detail, i don't think so. not sure if the air bag recall was taken care of. not on the invoice.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:24 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Not every dealership is worthless. It's sad that a few bad instances by someone, or even hearing about a bad circumstance from someone else has everyone worried about taking their car to the dealer. And I've had my own bad experiences. But...I took a chance and I actually took mine to the dealer today (not the usual one I go to) to mount my new wheels and tires, and they did a phenomenal job. The service rep came and talked to me 4 different times while I was waiting to make sure everyone was on the same page with what I wanted done. They even took me back in the service bay to make sure I was satisfied and to help them load the old wheels in my car so they didn't mess up my seats or anything.

But in response to the topic...I'd agree that they may have had no idea they messed anything up. Remember the service guys don't know your car as well as you, plus they aren't the most familiar with some of the aftermarket stuff. Plus driving a Mustang (especially a lowered one) around the service area or onto a lift is a lot different than driving an FX4 F-150. $h!t happens sometimes, but like I said before, I think in this case, the dealer is willing to admit their foul up and fix it!

Quick Reply: The Wonderful Dealership (yeah right...)