Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think is the best work ramps for the S197?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 12:59 PM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What do you think is the best work ramps for the S197?

I'd think Jacking up the car first then putting ramps under is a bit more dangerous than just using a two pieces of 2x1o but to each thier own.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

How tough could it be to spike together enough 2 x 12 planks with the approach ends beveled?

Make the flat portion as long as you need it to be to feel comfortable, spike a stop block to the front of it, and use a removable stop block at the rearif you need to roll the car backward for better undercar access from the side of the car but closer to the front.

Norm
Old 08-05-2008, 09:26 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

race ramps are the best thing available. I have a pair and they are good even for a lowered Vette. Not cheap but Rhino ramps are garbage.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:31 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zkiller

race ramps are the best thing available. I have a pair and they are good even for a lowered Vette. Not cheap but Rhino ramps are garbage.

Liar. Rhino ramps are good quality. I have owned my set for over 10 years and have had my GT, a Buick that sat so low, I couldn't get my arm under it past the shoulder, and a Ranger. No signs of degradation yet.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:39 AM
starman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yomofoitzjay

none of the ramps work with a stock gt bumper...the lip is just too low...for the rear its not a problem though...use jack stands in the front...and ramps for the back.
Rhino ramps work fine with a stock GT bumper.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:55 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

lol this thread is retarded.....

as somebody else said rhino ramps work fine with with normal gt bumper and even a lowered gt with eibach pro kit with stock bumper, I know cause I have used mine with both. My car also rides up fine with cdc aggressive.

If it is going to rub grab some wood as someone else stated and you have a easy fix.

Not sure how you can call something garbage when its purpose is to drive your car up on and it works flawlessly, even if you have to grab 2 pieces of wood. It saves you what a few hundred bucks from buying race ramps wich are a waste of money unless your under your car all the time and if thats is the case buy a lift.

IMO
Old 08-05-2008, 10:39 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Liar. Rhino ramps are good quality.
How can my opinion be a lie? I can state my opinion and that opinion is that I think they suck because they are too steep for a really low front bumper. I am glad you like them but there are way better products than Rhino ramps.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:16 AM
sleeper2
3rd Gear Member

For my stock GT (not lowered like yours, Legion5) the Pep Boys ramps work fine. They're made by Davric, I think. I agree with Retro5, those kwiklift ramps are my dream ramps.

Sleeper2
Old 08-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Dragon Stang
2nd Gear Member

I just picked up a set of Rhinos yesterday to do an oil change on the tranny. They cost me 34.00 on sale with a discount at Murrays. They worked excellent. No clearence issues with my stock bumper and suspension. Made the job simple because now, I only have to jack up the back end instead of both back and front.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:11 PM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

I bought a set of ramps from WalMart that work fine with my car, you need to be carefull not to go up on or come down from them too fast because there is only like 1/4" clearence between the bumper and the ramps. When I need to put my girlfriends Beetle on them I just have her drive on a couple planks of wood before she gets on the ramps.

I bought them too. I need to use them in the driveway where they "stick" because in the garage, the ramps keep getting pushed around because they slip and slide as opposed to the old metal ones i owned before.

Quick Reply: What do you think is the best work ramps for the S197?