Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of Selling and going upscale!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 03:56 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Default Thinking of Selling and going upscale!

OK, my flame suit is on, LOL. I'm thinking of moving up and into a 2005 BMW M3. I love the Mustang but also love BMW's (shoot me). Anyway, I would think it prudent to reinstall the OEM airbox and restore the stock tune and sell the CAI and SCT II tuner. I'm thinking Icould recoupe some money. I also have several other cosmetic mods that I haven't installed and I am also thinking, these too can be sold at a slight loss, in order to get a few bucks back. Should I install these mods or hold them back? Here is a list of uninstalled options;

Sequentials
Billet Pedals
Billet seat controls
Gloss Silver Dash kit
Clear Front Corners
Pony Coral Trim (current temp instal with tyraps, LOL)

Also, I have the stock wheels and thinking of putting them back on. The current wheels aren't real expensive, and I'm thinking I wouldn't make much on them if I took them off and sold them seperate.

Any thoughts... Would I loose my *** if I included/installed all of the goodies listed above? I show my trade-in value (KBB.COM) at $20K. I paid $22K about 6 months ago. It currently has 7600 miles.

PS. I almost forgot about the exhaust, I would for sure, put the stockexhaust back on!! I'm thinking the Corsa's are worth a few deneros!!

Old 08-03-2008, 04:13 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking of Selling and going upscale!

if you can provide some pics of the billet pedals and seat adjustments...you and i could perhaps end up doing business....

which brand were your sequentials?

take some pics and PM me.

-andrew
Old 08-03-2008, 04:16 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

i loveeeeeee m3s. and theres so much you can do to them. but i wouldnt get a vert.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:18 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

You'll certainly come out further ahead financially if you put the car back to stock and sell off the aftermarket parts separately. Not sure the move to a used BMW is a step up - I'd say a step laterally at best. But if that's what you want, go for it.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

well since it takes 2 Stangs to get one M3, world of difference in the cars.

I happen to love the M series (but the 6 series)

if you like it go for it... if you have the cake!

sell the mods separately you'll do better IMO
Old 08-03-2008, 04:27 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Get a Shelby.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:38 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Go and test drive ae9x bmw 335i and 135i before you buy that e46 m3. The n54 twin turbo engine is so much better than the old m3 engine. It has 300 ftlbs of torque from 1500 rpm to 5500 rpm and still revs to 7 grand. My buddy just bought a 335i coupe and he says its way more fun to drive than his dad's e46 m3 vert. Plus with the 335i, you can buy a piggy back system for 400 bucks that puts you at 400 ftlbs of torque to the wheels.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:39 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

It depends on how much you need the cash. If you need the cash, sell the parts. But selling used parts is such a pain for the few bucks you'll get. If you don't NEED the cash, just let the new owner have the parts and get on with your life. I went the "sell the parts" route once and, what a hassle!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 07:29 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Guys, thanks for all the support, feed back, and advice, it is appreciated. I love my Mustang but I also the the M3 as well. The BMW and Mustang compared in quality (especially the interior) is a world apart. I bought a 325ci coupe and my wife drives it and she says "It's an awesome car". The car is peppy but no where near the Stang. The interior and overall handling of the Beemer is awesome. I'm 50 and my days of seeing how fast I can go, and the occasional stupid "Let's see if I can kick this guy's ***", are over. I'm just looking for a quality vehicle that will still put a smile on my face now and then. The M3 is more the type of car I'm looking for and have had many Beemers before and loved all of them.

I will check on the items a couple of you have expressed an interest about and post the info later. Also, I am still wanting to sell the CAI/tuner and the Corsas, if anyone is interested.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:04 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

2007+ 550i FTMFW!!

Quick Reply: Thinking of Selling and going upscale!