Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My review of JDM (Freehold, NJ)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 06:03 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

Default My review of JDM (Freehold, NJ)

My experience at JDM was top notch. They treated myself, and probably more importantly, the car with as much respect as possible. The staff who I met this past saturday were very nice, and friendly and you could tell that they were willing to go over the top to make sure everything went well. Craig, who did all of the work on my car knew the car like the back of his hand, and really put the extra effort into the car to make the finished result perfect. He went over my suspension that was installed at another shop, swapped out the springs & front struts, and centered the rear axle- the car drives great now, and I am rid of my squeeks and noises (). We also installed an aluminum driveshaft from the axle exchange (see my review of that in the GT section) & a metco loop, which came out very nice, and looks as close to factory as possible (relocating the e-brake, and trimming/repaintins the underbody to provide more clearance).

Overall, I am very satisfied, and will be taking the trip out to their shop (from Queens, NY to Freehold NJ) for my future modding needs. I give my full recommendations to everyone here based on my first experience with them.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:44 PM
boochy
CSMG Moderator

Default RE: My review of JDM (Freehold, NJ)

Always good to hear companies doing things right!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:53 AM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

What is the going rate for a dyno tune from JDM? Also can they tweak the stock suspension ,w/o having to change parts, for better handling and ride? thanx
Old 08-04-2008, 01:06 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

do they do exhaust work?
Old 08-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

How much did it run you for all that? I'm a fellow Queens head myself, so if they're that good like you said then you can count me in as another customer.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:21 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

JDM is a very well known huge mustang shop I'm sure they do everything to mustangs that could be done. They have a dyno and a full machine shop as well. I'm considering getting a strocker kit installed there when I move to washington Dc in a month, but the drive is 3 hours without traffic and there is a shop closer to me. If I don't like the shop closer to me I will make the drive to Freehold and not even hesitate to turn my car over to them.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:07 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

JDM handles everything ford. There are cars in there from as far away as virginia, and even some from the west coast from what I understand. They are excellent tuners as well, however I cannot comment on that. They should be able to handle everything you guys need including exhaust.

As far as the tweaking of the stock suspension... I'm not really sure what could be tweaked to make it handle better. If you are satisfied with the ride height, then Id look for some better shocks/struts, panhard bar, LCA, swaybars, etc. but there's not much left to do.

Honestly, JDM is pretty pricey... however sometimes going with the cheaper shop turns out to be much more expensive if things have to be redone (which is what happened to me). The alum. DS was $699, plus another $100+ for the metco loop, and about a two hour install @ $99/hr. There are cheaper DS out there, but JDM recommends the axle-exchange,which they useon all of their race cars. They've also had no vibration issues with it, specifically on Auto's). They will also warranty anything negative on their products, so thats whyI went withwhat theyrecommended, and bought it through them.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:12 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

sorry,but you had to know it was coming! im interested in the "relocating the e-brake, and trimming/repaintins the underbody to provide more clearance"
Old 08-04-2008, 10:30 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

Sorry *****, I dont think I'll be able to snap a photo ofthat bc the DS is in the way now that its installed. The DS is a lot bigger than the old one (much lighter too). Its really a tight fit down there, especially with my Pypes Mid muffler system.

The e-brake was moved probably 3 inches over (if that), and the trimming was done only a few inches back from where the DS meets the tranny. Craig from JDM said that what he trimmed didnt really do anything, its more or less some extra sheet metal. He trimmed it down to about a square, and painted it nicely so that it doesnt rust. Its the little things that make the job nice.