Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some questions about 05 we just bought

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Some questions about 05 we just bought

ORIGINAL: KaosPeppers

Hi, me and my dad just bought an 05 v6 mustang (5speed of course) and it seems pretty sound but i have a few questions

Number 1: Whats with the alarm system it seems very picky and is there anyway to turn it off without voiding warranty?

Number 2: At the delearship the battery was dead (im assuming the picky alarm system is the cause) but charged up fine and we were able to testdrive and drive it home. I just got back from a midnight ride with my brother and we were getting ready to go back out but the car will not turn over it clacks sounds like the batt is dead (odd considering it held a charge all day and just now after a nice ride decides to be odd)?

Number 3: bought with 32k miles has leather seats, power driver seat, remote entry, power windows, ( i have no clue whats standard on these) for around 13k ( which included a 4 year warranty or when odom reads 70k) is that a good deal for the d.c. area

(dealer didnt warn us about the alarm so we have accidently set it off a few times before applying the RTFM rule, and learning about the 4 seconds with the key in posistion 3)

I will post pics soon, its a really light green with black vynals
In america it is against federal law for a car company to void your warranty due to a modification, unless it makes it substantially more expensive to repair the part you're warrantying or it caused the damage to the part in the method called "abuse" defined in most warranties. So if you disable your alarm with wire cutters, they won't fix it for you, but they will fix everything else.

These cars do not come with the sort of "true' rechargible batteries you're used to. Once the battery is dead for long enough, it won't hold a charge any more. This is not because no battery that can deliver the power has been invented, it's just because it's cheeper and this is an economy car.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:30 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

my factory alarm was very quirky too. it would go off every time the halogen lights at my apt complex turned on. had to take it back to lighten the sensitivity.

after that, the brain went out and it drained my battery. had to have it towed and ford had to remove and replace the brain. bought a new battery and it has been fine ever since.

in the 05's, some have problems with factory alarm, but a lot have had problems with the OEM battery. go to your local autoparts store and get you a heavy duty battery and you should be fine

have you checked the output on your alternator??? that could be an issue too. those diodes will go out on you resulting in a dead battery also
Old 08-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

Does you'r alarm go off with the windows down and somebody walks by?? If so you have the "Securilock Pass Anti Theft" system. I think it's standard now on the 2008/9 models. It wasan option on my 2007 GT. The thing is senitive. Ifyou lock the doors, itwill active the alarm within 30 secords. Make sure thewindows are up, if you lock the doors. The powerwindows and remote entry are standard, leather and power seatwas an option in 05.

Dead battery issue. +1 on turn off the shaker before you turn off the car. Ford put in a "battery saver" on the 07 and newer. Andyou will have to buy a new battery.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:44 PM
thenatural
2nd Gear Member

I wish mine was more sensitive... I can rock the car without it going off and I have to stick my entire arm in the window for like 5-10 sec for it to go off...
Old 08-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

Also did you buy the car from a Ford Dealership? If so, have them check if there are any recalls that you need via yuo VIN. Also have them check the TSB, there is one for the battery.

You can also register your car on the Ford Owners website. You can get any recall info there, also you can view any service that was done to the car at a Ford dealership. Start at the ford vehicles web site. FordVehicales.com
Old 08-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

The anti theft won't drain your battery over night. Also I have no idea how you are setting the alarm off if you are unlocking the car with the fob...

Not to sound snobby, but it's kinda funny how you're like "it's a 5 speed of course." Most would say "it's a GT of course...

haha for some reason thats the first thing that came to my midn also lol..

but yeah.. mines a gt 5 speed.. of course... lol

i dont know anythign about the stock alarms tho.. i never used it or even heard it.. i had a viper put in with a remote start (yes, even on a manual lol)
Old 08-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Allstar

The anti theft won't drain your battery over night. Also I have no idea how you are setting the alarm off if you are unlocking the car with the fob...

Not to sound snobby, but it's kinda funny how you're like "it's a 5 speed of course." Most would say "it's a GT of course...

I have heard there are Automatic Mustangs. But their are a rear breed. jk jk HAHAHA
Old 08-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Leoleo

I have heard there are Automatic Mustangs. But their are a rear breed. jk jk HAHAHA
^^ hahaha.. yeah i remember reading that somewhere in like a magazine i think! or maybe it was a comic book..
Old 08-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Full Throttle
2nd Gear Member

what is the 'automatic' you speak of? [8D]
Old 08-04-2008, 04:21 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Leoleo

Now wait a minute. My auto has 5 speeds. Wonder which tranny he is talking about?

Quick Reply: Some questions about 05 we just bought