Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some questions about 05 we just bought

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 04:56 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Some questions about 05 we just bought

ok first off ya'll are mean as hell lol jk

ORIGINAL: Allstar

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

The anti theft won't drain your battery over night. Also I have no idea how you are setting the alarm off if you are unlocking the car with the fob...

Not to sound snobby, but it's kinda funny how you're like "it's a 5 speed of course." Most would say "it's a GT of course...

haha for some reason thats the first thing that came to my midn also lol..

but yeah.. mines a gt 5 speed.. of course... lol

i dont know anythign about the stock alarms tho.. i never used it or even heard it.. i had a viper put in with a remote start (yes, even on a manual lol)

second, is it worth it to leave you car in neutral with the park brake on just to warm the car up a little before you get into it? i mean my parking brake doesnt feel too sturdy and i know if i dont crank that sob up hard it can roll on me so i always make sure to leave it in first gear when i exit it.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tn_gt
second, is it worth it to leave you car in neutral with the park brake on just to warm the car up a little before you get into it? i mean my parking brake doesnt feel too sturdy and i know if i dont crank that sob up hard it can roll on me so i always make sure to leave it in first gear when i exit it.
You may what to get that looked at. I know I can use just the parking brake to hold the car even on an incline. Your's may need to be adjusted. I don't have that problem on mine. And its got about 12000 mile on it, and no brake jobs. Just FYI.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:59 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

well it will hold mine, but i have to double check everytime to make sure i pull it up enough or otherwise sometimes when i let off the brake she'll start rollin a little
Old 08-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Redsox401
2nd Gear Member

I think you D-Bags scared this dude off. Good job.....pause......NOT!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:38 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

^^^no joke, another member lost because he said something he didnt know he shouldnt have said lol
Old 08-05-2008, 02:44 PM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

don't know about the alarm, don't have one, but that is one nice color on that stang, LOL, and it is LEGEND LIME, not light green.....sorry.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:46 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

lol and so the bashing STILL continues haha
Old 08-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Red_Stallion
2nd Gear Member

Well I'm feeling a bit uninformed here...I mean I usually read through the forum several times a week and I didn't realize there was a battery issue or THAT many issues with a picky alarm. I actually kinda wish it were a bit more sensitive myself.

And with respect to the battery I work away from home sometimes for 5 weeks at a time and not once I have come home to a dead battery. I will admit that when I parked it over the winter the battery did die this last year, but that was nearly 7 months off parked in the cold so I wasn't too concerned over it.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:17 PM
v8Mike

Gratz.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:38 PM
KaosPeppers

thx for all the responses

no i wasnt trying to be an *** i was just taking pride in my car

we found a little toggle switch and we took the dash apart today and it seems like the alarm was put in after the vehicle was initially purchased. The damn thing was spliced into every possible wire in the car (very sloppy splicing too) could this have led to a short. The alarm is a ford product ill have to find it to see what model it is. The car starts pretty regularly now with but every now in then there is a delay in the instrument panel and very rarely it doesnt turn over and sounds like the batts dead.

v8 mike thats a really awesome pic in your avatar

Oh and one last thing when does the governer kick in on the v6's. Ive only gotten her up to 95 i dont want a ticket in my first week of owning

Quick Reply: Some questions about 05 we just bought