Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help choosing my next mod...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 08:58 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default Help choosing my next mod...

I'm looking for some opinions on which mod I should do next. Here are the two I'm considering...

1) C&L Racer intake: After find out that the C&L Street is only 83mm versus the JLT's 89mm, I am really tempted to upgrade to the 95mm racer intake. I would of coarse sell my C&L Street to absorb some of the cost.

2) SOS single gauge a-pillar pod with an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge: Once again, more of an appearance mod, there isn't any real reason why I need one of these I just like them.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:53 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help choosing my next mod...

Bump...
Old 08-11-2008, 10:32 AM
abarker8541
3rd Gear Member

do the cold air then get some 4.10s
Old 08-11-2008, 10:33 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Not interested in gears.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:25 AM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

I am guessing you don't want to go to 4.10:1 gears because of the reduction in gas mileage. I can't blame you. It will drop by about 2 mpg on the highway (10% or so).

I guess you're looking for easy and low risk mods? Here's a few that I've done. Many are very popular on the board...

What about lower control arms? It's a factory weak spot. Performance goes up and you only notice a slight reduction in ride quality. (very slight) That's probably the best bang for your buck at this point.

I would skip the intake, you probably won't notice much difference and loose a bunch of money.

I have had the Aeroforce Tech gauge for months now. It's a pretty cool accessory. I used it to read and clear a code once on the road (didn't tighten the gas cap!). I'm using it to monitor fuel pressure for an upcoming nitrous install (my kit has been on backorder for SIX WEEKS!), that way, I don't have to cut the lines. Pretty expensive, though!

You could install an oil pressure gauge. Your factory one is fake. I did a detailed write up on this a while back and posted it. If the search feature isn't working, then I'm sure you could find it via google. Shelby even sells a kit for this, I think, check their webpage.

An exterior thermometer is also easy to install. It's nice to know when the temperature has dropped below freezing. It reminds you to be extra careful on the road.

Aluminum rear window louvers are nice, too. I got mine for the look, but they really do work at keeping glare down and the car cool in the summer! I would stay away from the plastic ones, they are overly thick.

I actually like some of the dash kits out there. Pretty easy to install. Brushed aluminum usually matches the interior.