Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference between a Deluxe and Premium GT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Difference between a Deluxe and Premium GT?

On the 07 differances were, leather, Shaker, and the "Permier Interior" "a bright polished six-gauge instrument cluster with MyColor® feature, bright shift **** and satin register vents with satin-aluminum spokes on steering wheel, door latches, and door scuff plate. Also includes message center, leather-wrapped steering wheel and Dark Charcoal Aberdeen pattern front door panel inserts."

You know. Stuff to make it look nice and justify the $2000 price difference. HAHAHA
Old 08-06-2008, 10:10 AM
clustersnarf
1st Gear Member

The packages are just base differences. The premium includes most of the optional things for a deluxe.

Premium includes Leather, IUP, GT Dressup (Plenum Cover over the intake manifold, rolled chrome tips on the stock mufflers, and something else, mayube the scoop). Heated seats, Shaker 500, Anti Theft, 3.55 gears, and a few other things. Its basicly all the options. Some may have Sirius reciever.

When I was looking at 3 Premium 2007s last year, the main diffs between the 3 premiums were :

17" Wheels, Shaker 500, 3.55 gears
18" wheels, Shaker 500 + sirius, 3.31 gears
18" wheels, shaker 500, something else that I dont remember.

All of them had IUP, GT Dress-up Package, heated seats, and some other things. The real diff between the ordered packages ended up being wheels, gears, and stereo options.

I opted for #1. 17s better rear gearing and standard Skipper 500, manual tranny. Rather have smaller wheels and better gears than blingy 18s off the bat and have to replace the gears.

Course, I don't know that I ever looked at deluxe. Just wasnt an option. If you're going to buy. go all out and get the least BS down the road. I'd hate to try and replace seats and gears and other stuff.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:35 AM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

I ordered my 07 gt deluxe directly from Ford. I got the 3.55 option, paid extra, and paid for the IUP extra..its extra for deluxe and premium. Only diff. between deluxe and premium, was the shaker and the leather seats for the gts. Their are more differences for the v6s between deluxe and premium like power driver seat, 16" whels with chrome spinners.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:59 AM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

Premium has a better interior and wheels.... among other things

Old 08-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: clustersnarf

The packages are just base differences. The premium includes most of the optional things for a deluxe.

Premium includes Leather, IUP, GT Dressup (Plenum Cover over the intake manifold, rolled chrome tips on the stock mufflers, and something else, mayube the scoop). Heated seats, Shaker 500, Anti Theft, 3.55 gears, and a few other things. Its basicly all the options. Some may have Sirius reciever.

When I was looking at 3 Premium 2007s last year, the main diffs between the 3 premiums were :

17" Wheels, Shaker 500, 3.55 gears
18" wheels, Shaker 500 + sirius, 3.31 gears
18" wheels, shaker 500, something else that I dont remember.

All of them had IUP, GT Dress-up Package, heated seats, and some other things. The real diff between the ordered packages ended up being wheels, gears, and stereo options.

I opted for #1. 17s better rear gearing and standard Skipper 500, manual tranny. Rather have smaller wheels and better gears than blingy 18s off the bat and have to replace the gears.

Course, I don't know that I ever looked at deluxe. Just wasnt an option. If you're going to buy. go all out and get the least BS down the road. I'd hate to try and replace seats and gears and other stuff.

No they don't. Only the Shaker 500 and Leather seats on your list come on the Premium and not the Deluxe. Everything else is an option that has to be paid for. And the other stuff you have listed here can be order on a Deluxe. All Premuins don't have the GT Appearance package, what you called the GT dress up and yes it is the scoop.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:43 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

I'm pretty positive the leather in the V6 is diff than the GT. My moms boss's son has a V6 mustang with leather and the seats look kinda tacky IMO. Don't forget the mycolor and 6 guage dash like everyone else said...oh and option of shaker 1000?
Old 08-06-2008, 06:44 PM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

This suprises me at some of the mis information...

The ONLY difference were the Shaker 500 and leather.

Part of the Interior Upgrade Package (option for BOTH models) was MyColor, satin aluminum steering wheel spokes (leather wrapped), handles, and shifter.

I have a Deluxe model w/ the Interior Sport Package (stain aluminum steering wheel w/ leather wrapped, handles, shifter, and pedals), 3.55s, polished 18" wheels, GT appearance package Faux scoop, tips, and engine plenum cover.

The Premium did NOT come with the IUP, GT Appearance Package, heated seats, compass mirror, none of that standard, even came with the 17 wheels, I know I bought mine new in 2006 as the 2007s were now out.

Again, the ONLY differences are leather seats and the Shaker 500.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CFLstangGT

This suprises me at some of the mis information...

The ONLY difference were the Shaker 500 and leather.

Part of the Interior Upgrade Package (option for BOTH models) was MyColor, satin aluminum steering wheel spokes (leather wrapped), handles, and shifter.

I have a Deluxe model w/ the Interior Sport Package (stain aluminum steering wheel w/ leather wrapped, handles, shifter, and pedals), 3.55s, polished 18" wheels, GT appearance package Faux scoop, tips, and engine plenum cover.

The Premium did NOT come with the IUP, GT Appearance Package, heated seats, compass mirror, none of that standard, even came with the 17 wheels, I know I bought mine new in 2006 as the 2007s were now out.

Again, the ONLY differences are leather seats and the Shaker 500.
You need to add the "Permier Interior" This is NOT the Interior Upgrade Package or the Interior Sport Package. Not beleive me, check out the boucher. In 2007, these THREE things, Leather Seat, Shaker 500, and Permier Interior, were the differences between Deluxe and Premium base models.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:37 PM
matyellott
1st Gear Member

Do all 2005+ stangs come with the shaker system?
Old 08-07-2008, 02:38 PM
matyellott
1st Gear Member

Speaking of which I have a shaker 500, and two black doorpanels (including speakers) for sale if anyone wants them.

Quick Reply: Difference between a Deluxe and Premium GT?