Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAI AND TUNE PROVEN HP

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: CAI AND TUNE PROVEN HP

I just put the C&L racer intake on the other night and used a Brenspeed tune for 91 octane (91 up here in the higher elevations, 93 at lower). The difference is truly night and day. Throttle response is improved considerably, which was my first complaint when I bought the car. I easily have 20 more hp, if not more. Also, the car is LOUDER. The exhaust note is considerably louder after the tune, and the sound of the intake when first punching the throttle sends chills up my spine.

I have a 5 speed. Before the tune I could shift from 1st to2ndat 6k rpm and the tires would spin for about 3 feet, followed by about a 500 rpm drop (20" wheels). Now the tires spin for about 6 feet and the rpm drop when they grab is about 200 rpm. This tells me that I saw a noticeable increase in torque. The tires are AA traction rated with about 30 miles on them, getting stickier every mile I break them in.

I put the 4.10's on the week before, and had over 100 miles of city driving to compare before putting the intake on. The combination of the 4.10's, the intake, and the tune is very worth it in my opinion. Even with 20's I have substantially more power and accelleration than I did a couple weeks ago when I bought the car and still had 18's.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:29 AM
jbhunter
1st Gear Member

Yea, or do like me and forget to hook up the MAF wire harness after changing the clamp poisitions for thethird time...

Car sounded like crap, engine light came on, error thrown, luckily all this before I left the garage. Looked, saw the obvious problem, cleared the DTC codes with the SCT 3 and runs like a champ.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:38 AM
mhconley
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jbhunter

Yea, or do like me and forget to hook up the MAF wire harness after changing the clamp poisitions for thethird time...

Car sounded like crap, engine light came on, error thrown, luckily all this before I left the garage. Looked, saw the obvious problem, cleared the DTC codes with the SCT 3 and runs like a champ.
I did that the first time I installed my intake...

I've got a Demolet Tunable Induction CAI running Doug's 91 octane Race tune on my auto GT convertible. I absolutely love it! I recently returned my car to stock for its first oil change and the air bag recall at my local dealer and I had forgotten what a huge difference it was between stock and the tune. It is like night and day. At full throttle stock shifts feel slow and sloppy; the race tune's shifts aresuper quickand chirp the tires. Throttle response is instantaneous and takes a little getting used to. As dkersten said, the car sounds noticeably louder and much beefier, also. I love the whoosh of the intake when I get on it.

Martin
Old 08-11-2008, 11:51 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

I have the C&L intake and Evolution Tunes. Huge difference in the "butt-o-meter." Throttle response is WAY better. Pulls much harder. When you stab it at 3000rpms infirst, second, and third it feels like someones kicking the back of your seat.

I detuned mine the other day (long story regarding the wholeairbag thingyrecall) and was amazed at how sluggish it felt. I really noticed this when downshifting at high rpms. With the performance tune I could quickly blip the throttlewhen downshifting for a smoother shift. With the stock tune, I would blip the throttle andliterallynothing would happen.

Finally re-installed the CAI and tune. Was not enjoying the car with the stock tune [:'(].