Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEST 1/4 MILE TIME WITH A STICK?

Old 08-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: BEST 1/4 MILE TIME WITH A STICK?

Good post, was curious myself what others are running. My best was last year at US41 in Indiana with a 12.20@111 with a 1.74 60'. This year at Fomosa in California I only got 1 run in (too many cars) and it was a 12.54@112 with a 1.82 60'. My mods are Vortech HO, Steeda LCA's, and ET streets. I had 20 lbs in the tires, launched at 4800 with NO Wheelspin, shifted at 6100 and hit every gear. Im really not digging these times and would think I should be able to do better. I had spotters at the line and in the stands that all verified I had zero wheelspin so im not sure why it only cut a 1.82 60' other than im still on the stock clutch and it might be slipping, possible boost leak somewhere (I checked all the clamps), or the air conditions were horrible. It was muggy (for California) so im hoping it was just the air. Im also still on the 3:55's and will be stepping up to the 4:10's in a few weeks although I was expecting an 11.90 ET with the stock gears.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

My dr's are 18's nitto's
Old 08-05-2008, 08:01 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

What am I missing here? I must have had a great night or something. But NA, I pulled a 1.7 60' once. That was w/ 4.10's and MT ET Street DR's and a tune/CAI combo of course also. Haven't been back since. I got a 12.8 at 105 as my best so far
Old 08-05-2008, 11:36 PM
SRT lol
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: modaddict

Not saying you are doing this but over and over again I hear about 'sucky track prep' - which does exists, no doubt about it, but more importantly, what suspension mods do you have on your car with your N20? When are you squeezing it? What rubber/rim combo are you using? What trans and how are you launching? All of this comes into play.

I'll tell you a little secret...

It's EASY to make power - Hooking it is the HARD part...

Trust me the night i went the track was not preped at all! No one could hook. My buddy has a 395whp Evo and could only manage a hight 13 sec pass. Every car out there was doing crappy...But as for my suspension mods i have: BMR Billet LCA with Relocation Brakets, BMR Adj. UCA and FRPP Lowering Springs...I only spray in second once i catch traction, And once my nitrous hits i had to let off agian do to traction...My tires are 275/40/17's falkin street tires...I have a fidanza alum. Flywheel with a spec stage 3 clutch...I only ran twice but my 60 ft. was 2.4
Old 08-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I've been on a track that was so slick even the 15 second cars were spinning to almost half track, its not fun.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:30 AM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

My car is absolutely bone stock. I took it to Famoso for the 1st time ever, and it was my 1st time at a drag strip period, and I ran a 14.7 @ 99 my first run. Now thats with a HEAVY sub/amp combo and me getting used to racing. I took everything out of the trunk (sub, amp, spare tire) and ran again. The next time I revved a little too high off the line and ended up spinning all the way through 1st and a little in second and ran a 14.3 @ 97 IIRC. I know if I can get the traction, I can go faster, and before I do any mods to my car, I want to see what the absolute best I can run so I can see how each mod improves my times. I know my numbers arent impressive at all, but I figured I would post up what a bone stock GT with a rookie drag strip driver behind the wheel would run. lol
Old 08-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

My best to date is 10.99 @ 133, but that was a freak run as I am usually in the 11.2's @ 130 - 131
Old 08-06-2008, 12:44 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Thurman

Idk about srt, I have a crap load of susp mods-I hook preety damn good.

I know - I was speaking to the OP...[sm=shutup.gif] (lol j/k)
Old 08-06-2008, 12:48 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SRT lol

ORIGINAL: modaddict

Not saying you are doing this but over and over again I hear about 'sucky track prep' - which does exists, no doubt about it, but more importantly, what suspension mods do you have on your car with your N20? When are you squeezing it? What rubber/rim combo are you using? What trans and how are you launching? All of this comes into play.

I'll tell you a little secret...

It's EASY to make power - Hooking it is the HARD part...

Trust me the night i went the track was not preped at all! No one could hook. My buddy has a 395whp Evo and could only manage a hight 13 sec pass. Every car out there was doing crappy...But as for my suspension mods i have: BMR Billet LCA with Relocation Brakets, BMR Adj. UCA and FRPP Lowering Springs...I only spray in second once i catch traction, And once my nitrous hits i had to let off agian do to traction...My tires are 275/40/17's falkin street tires...I have a fidanza alum. Flywheel with a spec stage 3 clutch...I only ran twice but my 60 ft. was 2.4
Well you have decent mods but I would definitely look into some better rubber if you plan on going to the track more. Yes, a bad track sucks and puts a bad taste in your mouth real quick...[:@]

Z - yeah - Justin does now, but he made his first 8 sec pass on the 6 speed...
Old 08-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

First video that popped into my head when reading all the JPC posts ....

http://mustangvideo.vidiac.com/recen...8000f007b5.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BEST 1/4 MILE TIME WITH A STICK?