Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mustang problem/dilema

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 10:50 AM
LiquidLenny
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New Mustang problem/dilema

My current car payment is $300 So, I would be trading the V6 in and the new payment would be $400 for the GT and my insurance would only go up $5 more a month.
This GT I am looking at it a 2007 leftover (Brand New) Premium model with the Shaker 1000 in it.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:27 AM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

get it. you wont regret it. but the guys are right. if you drive a lot, keep the v6 and supercharge it with the money you were going to drop in the 07. the 4.6 and the 4.0 are 2 totally diff beasts on gas miles. got almost 29 on the highway with v6, might get 22 in the gt. but i take into account i have a heavy right foot. real heavy. enough to get 11 points on my license last yr. got two of those nice letters from the state last yr saying driving in a priviledge not a right. learned my lesson though. go to the track as much as possible now. good luck again with the decision.
how much money you got to throw down? if the dealership will offer you an x plan price(ford employee discount) let me know. my mom works for ford credit.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:51 AM
LiquidLenny
1st Gear Member

On top of my car which has a $9500 balance and $1500 down. What's the "X plan"? That's real nice of you to offer that.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:32 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

like i said lenny no worries on the number. hope everything works out. is the 07 an auto or manual. get the 5-speed.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:58 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

go for the GT [8D]
Old 08-07-2008, 01:49 PM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shoeys07torchgt

get it. you wont regret it. but the guys are right. if you drive a lot, keep the v6 and supercharge it with the money you were going to drop in the 07. the 4.6 and the 4.0 are 2 totally diff beasts on gas miles. got almost 29 on the highway with v6, might get 22 in the gt. but i take into account i have a heavy right foot. real heavy. enough to get 11 points on my license last yr. got two of those nice letters from the state last yr saying driving in a priviledge not a right. learned my lesson though. go to the track as much as possible now. good luck again with the decision.
how much money you got to throw down? if the dealership will offer you an x plan price(ford employee discount) let me know. my mom works for ford credit.
I get a constant 27-28 mpg on the highway and my overall average is 23 mpg with my GT. I don't live in a city so I don't have urban traffic jams to deal with but I do live in a fairly decent sized town. Driven conservatively, a GT will get very close if not the same mpg as a sixer.

And before you ask, I have verified my mileage both by the on-board computer and by the good old-fashioned pencil and paper method so those figures are accurate. The GT doesn't have to work near as hard as the sixers to do the same job.

Sixerscoat less to purchase but there is no saving in gas mileageto drive one.........get the GT.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:05 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

yeah cavediver your right. i think my foot just got heavier when i got out of my v6 and into the gt. but hey that is why i bought. wanted more power and then still want some more. oh well udp's upnext and gettin the 93 race tune from doug asap. plus still going to get ford to check my fuel pump and make sure it is working up to par.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:37 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cuzzo

I would say hell yeah dude, but consider too thats it's not just gonna be an extra $100 a month. You have to include more $$$ at the pump and more $$$ in your insurance bill. If you can afford that, then "thug life" (pinaplle express) :P
Good Luck
wow lol, i would never expect someone on here to quote that movie lol...especially after seeing it last night, hil-freakin-larious
Old 08-07-2008, 04:40 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

+1000000 Get the GT if you can afford it.

Mustangs were meant to be V8's. Forthe minor increase in insurance its a no brainer. As far as gas mileage I have to agree there isnt that great of a gap between the 6 to 8.

I do about 50-50 driving and I get a consistant 18-20mpg. Worst tank 16mpg, best 26mpg.

I am sure if I really tried I could average around 22mpg but who cares, gas to me is liquid entertainment.

Do yourself a favor though, order a CAI, axleback exhaust, mail order tune, and shorty antennae, the day you pick of the car.

This will amplify the V8 goodness 100 times. Get the 5 speed manual too.

Good Luck, and post pics when you bring her home.

Oh and X-plan pricing is for friends and family of ford employee's so its a discount, basically dealer cost. Honestly for a leftover 07 you could rake them over the coals on. They are paying big bucks to keep that car on the lot, you can get a smoking deal. Heck the 09's are already arriving.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:27 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

I would never get a v6 mustang...

Quick Reply: New Mustang problem/dilema