Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For all you diehard "Eleanor" fans...

Old 08-07-2008, 09:32 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: For all you diehard "Eleanor" fans...

I think I know what your talking about and I agree can we all just get back to what snickrolos posted originally? give me a sec snick.............J
ORIGINAL: snicksrolos

So...all of this bantering back and forth about "Eleanor" is comical and all...but does anyone (besides Xeno, thank you sir) have an answer to my original question?

[sm=bicker.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif] [sm=helpout.gif]

EDIT: OK contact this company and they are the ones that did the script for the headrests you speak of for the Eleanor stangs
http://www.katzkin.com/main.html I amm sure we are thinking of the same vehicle in the magazine.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:33 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I think I know what your talking about and I agree can we all just get back to what snickrolos posted originally? give me a sec snick.............J
ORIGINAL: snicksrolos

So...all of this bantering back and forth about "Eleanor" is comical and all...but does anyone (besides Xeno, thank you sir) have an answer to my original question?

[sm=bicker.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif] [sm=helpout.gif]
Old 08-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

was it like a cursive type of script? the only thing i found was on the seat back with 'eleanor' in a cursive font, that was it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/96753/98B7C21EC4F045518653D8162B27423B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-08-2008, 12:56 AM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

Thanks MyGT500! I'll check out the site shortly...

I got your PM - and I'm not sure how you got mine, but I'll keep you updated!

Hey Xeno, that's sorta what I'm looking for...there's gotta be more like that out there!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:41 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

Chip Foose? You mean Chip "throw some 22's and pinstripes on anything" Foose? Didn't the shop that made that plascrap gt500 go under for stealing titles and vin numbers? That remake of gone in 60 seconds was so far from the original and so far from reality... Now young people think that car was an "original".. The first eleanor was a mach1.. It was a real muscle car that didn't take 40 seconds to go from 60 to 100mph in a dry lakebed.....

ORIGINAL: mustangfan87

How can u call the new eleanor riced up? To me its pure muscle, hell even chip foose had his hand in designing it. That "original" u have a picture of is fugly compared to the new eleanor and its yellow [:'(]
No, the company that made the continuation cars for consumer purchase went out of business due to some shady practices. That company (Unique Performance) came to be after seeing the new GI6S and wanting to have an Eleanor of their own. Then they turned it into a business. The company that made the ones for the movie, Cinema Vehicle Services, is very much still in business and provide the cars for the majority of the movies and TV shows out there.

The original chase scene is great, but the new movie was a better over all movie. Just because something brings back memories doesn't mean it's better. And the chase scene in the new one is great as well, despite the jump at the end.

Riced out? Really? Come on. Riced out is throwing a Toyota engine in a fastback. Creating a unique, sleek, and powerful car that soon becomes an icon? Not rice.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:17 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Dont like the new "Gone in 60 Seconds" movie . It was stupid.
The Halek original was a great car movie. The seond movie was lame and now every eighteen year old wants to make an Eleanor like that.
That Eleanor is definately riced out, as pointed out above.

How can u call the new eleanor riced up? To me its pure muscle, hell even chip foose had his hand in designing it. That "original" u have a picture of is fugly compared to the new eleanor and its yellow [:'(]

Muscle doesnt equate to a bunch of plastic body parts taped on to your car. Well maybe it does to you but I have owned two Mach 1s (69 & 70) and I think they look more like a real muscle car than anyof these over-done "Eleanors" today.
Chip Foose... hah ha what does that mean?
Old 08-08-2008, 09:00 AM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zkiller

The Halek original was a great car movie. The seond movie was lame and now every eighteen year old wants to make an Eleanor like that.

Muscle doesnt equate to a bunch of plastic body parts taped on to your car. Well maybe it does to you but I have owned two Mach 1s (69 & 70) and I think they look more like a real muscle car than anyof these over-done "Eleanors" today.
Chip Foose... hah ha what does that mean?

Riced out...you people seriously need to take a chill pill.

The car in the new movie is great...where is it riced out? where is there something on the car that's not tasteful. The car is sleek and sexy...the whole "riced out" comments seems like it comes from somebody trying too hard to be a purist and jealous because the new movie's car made the old one look lame.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:35 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

I should change the title of this post to, "Grown men bickering like children in THE WRONG POST!!!"

This is not an opinion post people, I don't care what you think about the "Gone in 60 Seconds" movies, nor about the real/fictional/new/old Eleanor!!

All I need from you is assistance in finding a font for a mod that I want to do to MY car...do I need to say it in Spanish/Chinese/Arabic for some of you to understand???

Scroll up and look at what an actual contributing member of these forums, MyGT500, said in response...and then proceed from there!

Thank you!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:44 PM
08Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zkiller

Hey now, I'm 19 and I love my car...
Old 08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
pnandy
2nd Gear Member

my the 68 fastback like mine below wouldn't of stood out in the movie unless they did that eleanors a bad *** i plan to make a bullitt though

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For all you diehard "Eleanor" fans...