Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF? Has this happened to you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 09:18 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Default RE: WTF? Has this happened to you?

ORIGINAL: Dragon Stang

I never knew that there were 4 modes.
These shop manuals are all full of info never known to man.
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=343&viewfil...%20Cluster.pdf
Page 413-01-2 Fuel Guage

The insturment cluster uses 4 different operating modes
Key OFF fueling
Anti-slosh (default mode)
Key ON refueling
Recovery

ORIGINAL: Dragon Stang
Never had an issue. Just wondering though... who or why would someone have their key on while filling the tank anyway?
ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

So they can listen to the radio while filling up
Or change a tune for the octane fuel being used.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:26 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: S197_GTvert

turn the key to the on position (with out starting the car )then turn it to off repeat this quickly two times then start the car and the gas hand should go back to a normal reading if not repeat and it should do a check of the car and reset it back to the correct position

Key in OFF position.

Remove Fuse F1.15 (15 amp) from the Battery Junction Box,
wait 1 minute and reinstall fuse.
NOTE THIS IS DONE TO RESET THE CLUSTER FUEL GAUGE TIMERS.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:05 AM
illin
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BWfVA

They invented this thing about 20 years or so ago or maybe more, called a CD player. Some "techies" might be using those

Jk in all good fun, sorry if I make anyone mad

If you wanna get into a morals discussion here. Everyone has done something stupid, Everyone will do something stupid again. This isnt the place for that converstation, I would be willing to bet that when you were in school you did a burnout in the parking lot to unless you had something like a Pacer or Gremlin. So just cool your jets, nobody was hurt, yea it wasnt the smartest thing to do but just let it go.
This isnt preaching from a soapbox...I was a teen too. But times have changed. Having an incident while doing donuts in a school parking lot is going to be treated the same as street racing...there will be real prison time involved.

Threads that start off "I was street racing my buddy and when I hit 120 I got a slight shimmy...." are immediately pounced upon. This one is no different.

Kids fail to see the enormity of the responsibility they have on a daily basis and they definitely do not see the repercussions if they make a bad choice. It only takes once.

I see kids hit 60+ through our subdivision which is littered with kids (toddler types). It makes me want to throw a brick through their window and yank them out and beat some sense into them...not just to protect the kids...but to protect them. They dont realize that accidents DO happen...and if one happens in that environment...their life is over. Kids are getting long sentences in state lockups for street antics when people get hurt. It just happened here...kid killed his passenger doing a light to light and he got life at 17 years old.

It has NOTHING to do about morals. Everyone here has an obligation to point out stupid when stupid presents itslef.

As for me...my old man was a serious rail racer, so I spent my youth at the track. I knew what went down on the track and what went down on the street and could clearly distinguish the two. And I had a 351 Mustang as a teen FWIW...no tickets.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: illin

I am cranky because the OP has no idea what a dumb idea doing donuts in a school parking lot is.

Save the hotdogging for the track...or private property. A school is neither.
It's summer, and it could have been a high school parking lot. I know my former school's lot is dead whenclass isn't in. Better there where the school is closed and not a shopping mall lot where there are people around...
Old 08-10-2008, 11:39 AM
MustangMan64
2nd Gear Member

Original:Elwood

It's summer, and it could have been a high school parking lot.
UH! Today is the last day of summer for me! School starts tomorrow!
Old 08-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

^Ouch. [&o]University doesn't start till Sept 3. for me. I don't any school in Calgary starts till then actually.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:27 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

They invented this thing about 20 years or so ago or maybe more, called a CD player. Some "techies" might be using those

If you wanna get into a morals discussion here. Everyone has done something stupid, Everyone will do something stupid again. This isnt the place for that converstation, I would be willing to bet that when you were in school you did a burnout in the parking lot to unless you had something like a Pacer or Gremlin. So just cool your jets, nobody was hurt, yea it wasnt the smartest thing to do but just let it go.
This isnt preaching from a soapbox...I was a teen too. But times have changed. Having an incident while doing donuts in a school parking lot is going to be treated the same as street racing...there will be real prison time involved.

Threads that start off "I was street racing my buddy and when I hit 120 I got a slight shimmy...." are immediately pounced upon. This one is no different.

Kids fail to see the enormity of the responsibility they have on a daily basis and they definitely do not see the repercussions if they make a bad choice. It only takes once.

I see kids hit 60+ through our subdivision which is littered with kids (toddler types). It makes me want to throw a brick through their window and yank them out and beat some sense into them...not just to protect the kids...but to protect them. They dont realize that accidents DO happen...and if one happens in that environment...their life is over. Kids are getting long sentences in state lockups for street antics when people get hurt. It just happened here...kid killed his passenger doing a light to light and he got life at 17 years old.

It has NOTHING to do about morals. Everyone here has an obligation to point out stupid when stupid presents itslef.

As for me...my old man was a serious rail racer, so I spent my youth at the track. I knew what went down on the track and what went down on the street and could clearly distinguish the two. And I had a 351 Mustang as a teen FWIW...no tickets.

Thanks for all the input guys.....I figured that the gas just sloshed to one side and the sensor was reading wrong (although it was odd having a 1/2 tank of gas[&:]). Illin you need to chill the Fu*k out. You have absolutely no idea what my driving styles/morals/ect are. Its very stupid and judgemental to throw such an online hissy fit over a situation in which you were not involved with or knew the circumstances of.......the parking lot was COMPLETELY empty.....not one car in a mile radius......giant lot......and zero living beings in sight. I know where your coming from in terms of endangering lives and driving stupid.....I feel the same way. However calling me a dumbass without even being there is even more irritating. I am probably more responsible of a driver then most of the guys double my age. So contribute something usefull of STFU.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:41 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

happens all the time whenI drift corners, nothing to worry about. btw you could have killed thousands of children in that parking lot. don't you know better?
Old 08-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

It's obvious the problem is that he doesn't know about all the invisible kids that hang out in parking lots and hide in the middle of the streets.. If people were just aware of the vast numbers of invisible kids then we wouldn't be doing anything on public roads/property.

oh wait.. thats right.. this is reality where you can tell the difference between safe conditions and unsafe conditions to have fun in.

Never had a ticket? If that is true then you are a pansy and probably reminded the teacher to give out the homework assignment. Speeding in neighborhoods is dumb. But i'll if you live on one of those main roads with a double yellow you are much more likely to encounter speeders. whats the posted speed limit around there? I hear people complain about people speeding but they live on major streets people take to go to and from work, and when people run late they speed. if they didn't want to put up with that they shouldn't have bought a house on a main street.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:59 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mynameismike65

Thanks for all the input guys.....I figured that the gas just sloshed to one side and the sensor was reading wrong (although it was odd having a 1/2 tank of gas[&:]). Illin you need to chill the Fu*k out. You have absolutely no idea what my driving styles/morals/ect are. Its very stupid and judgemental to throw such an online hissy fit over a situation in which you were not involved with or knew the circumstances of.......the parking lot was COMPLETELY empty.....not one car in a mile radius......giant lot......and zero living beings in sight. I know where your coming from in terms of endangering lives and driving stupid.....I feel the same way. However calling me a dumbass without even being there is even more irritating. I am probably more responsible of a driver then most of the guys double my age. So contribute something usefull of STFU.
Bro...there is no need to get nasty and I certainly didnt label you. I am just trying to help you out. Kids get killed all the time by great drivers on empty roads and empty lots. Back in the day when I was "The Man" I would try to show kids some latitude and send them packing without ruing their life. Some get mouthy...and it seems that by justifying your actions you have chosen to as well. Let me put it to you this way...there is no justification for hotdogging in a school parking lot.

Let me tell you that school lots are a bad place to practice vehicular shenanigans. You are going to get allot more leeway in a Home Depot lot than "Springfield" Middle School. City cops are not lenient when it comes to public property...not at all. Schools get a special revist schedule too...so your chances of getting nicked are high.

Here...and most states are very similar...you would be looking at reckless ticket at a minimum which will set you back upwards of $2500 and your car will be impounded for 30 days minimum. Keep in mind that reckless/careless are treated nearly identical as DUIs in most courts. Dont let anyone fool you into thinking that private property gives you some kind of magic immunity either.

The great thing you have available that we did not as youngsters is a booming track scene. Friday and Saturday grudge nights are awesome ways to let off steam...make a buck or two and answer questions that smack can only handle so far. Track time is cheap, safe and a hell of a lot of fun.

Just stay off the schools k?

Quick Reply: WTF? Has this happened to you?