Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a S197 Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 11:58 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

Default Looking for a S197 Car Cover

I am looking for a car cover which will keep the car unharmed during spring, summer, fall and winter months. We get some pretty harsh conditions here in NYC, so I'm looking for something that will do the job well in rain, snow, sun, etc. The car will be kept outdoors. Please provide a recommendation on the car cover that you have, and also a place to purchase if you remember.
Thanks all.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:26 PM
ShawnAlexander
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for a S197 Car Cover

Cover Craft
Old 08-11-2008, 01:42 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for a S197 Car Cover

Cover King "Stormproof" cover. I think i got mine at autoanything.com

Custom Car Cover - Stormproofâ„¢
[align=right][/align]

Home

Products
Custom Car Covers
Custom Seat Covers
Custom Dash Covers
Custom Floormats
Custom Sunshields
Motorcycle/ATV Covers
Universal Car Covers
Universal Seat Covers
DUB
Misc. Accessories

Purchase Products
Buy Now
Become a Dealer
Outlet Store
Shipping
Returns/Warranty
Privacy

Company Information
History
Culture
Contacts

Car Cover Links
Material Information
Car Cover F.A.Q.
Logos (optional)
Product Tour

The Ultimate Car Cover Material

The culmination of over 15 years of development, Stormproofâ„¢ material is designed by Coverking and made by one of the world's leading textile mills. It is the most waterproof yet breathable car cover material available. Stormproofâ„¢ car cover material exhibits outstanding sun and U.V. resistance, able to last for years in Arizona sun without fading. The micro-fiber base material is soft to the touch and won't scratch a car's paint - yet is rolls up into a very compact package for easy storage. Stormproofâ„¢ is available in colors, and also with licensed GM logos.

Stormproofâ„¢ is unique in the field of Custom Car Cover materials in that it is Untreated, Uncoated, and Unprocessed. Through Coverking's advanced textile engineering, Stormproofâ„¢ accomplishes the needs of a premium Car Cover material without the coatings which can easily wear off, the treatments which fade over time, and the processing which can be undone the first time it is exposed to water. Speak to somebody who has owned other "premium" Car Cover materials and you'll hear how the other Car Cover fabrics work as advertised for the first few months, but then degrade in their water resistance - the problem is that the treatments and coatings can wear off, scratch off, or simply wash off.

Stormproofâ„¢ is immune to this, because it is inherently water resistant. It has no coating, so it is very breathable. And the fibers have been designed to reflect UV rays, and be immune to the color fading caused by the harsh sun. Click here to read about a recent customer's experience with Stormproofâ„¢.

Stormproofâ„¢ is the only Car Cover material we can suggest for any climate or car cover need - it excels in every area except protection from dings and hail (in which case we recommend Coverbond4). Stormproofâ„¢ will last for years, and compliment your vehicle with the exciting colors and two tone designs it is offered in.

Stormproofâ„¢ Custom Car Covers are available only withCoverking's famous Custom Fit and the unique pattern designs which result in the fewest seams possible - Compare the images on the left. Coverking uses the fewest seams to produce a perfect, custom fit without the "patchwork" look created by sewing small pieces together. Although it costs more, Coverking's designs result in superior fit, looks, and less chance of seams failing or leaking.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:15 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

What ever you do stay away from Costco Online Car Covers made by Cover King. I bought one 1 1/2 years ago and the material is starting to disentagrate. There is a small rip about 2 inches on the top of the spoiler. That was $150.00 down the drain as the cover was only warrantied for one year. Make sure you get one that comes with at least a 2 year warranty!
Now I'm searching for a better one too.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:10 PM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

I have a covercraft but then again my mustang is garaged so I just use it indoors. It seems to be good quality though and is an all weather cover.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

As I have posted previously - I have the Weathershield cover that is available from the Ford dealer. I got mine through a friend that worked there and got a deal. I know they are expensive but I love it. I cover my car every day as it is outside. The cover keeps it clean and it shed water like a duck. I am so happy with it.
it has a silk screened Pony on the nose and Mustang on the back with a vinyl window for your plate. There is a grommet for the antenna and for the cable to lock the cover on....
Attached Thumbnails  Looking for a S197 Car Cover-tmpphp9cimbo.jpg    Looking for a S197 Car Cover-ctmpphplfdsqr.jpg    Looking for a S197 Car Cover-tmpphp3o0lhb.jpg    Looking for a S197 Car Cover-tmpphptlq086.jpg  
Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

brenspeed has one