Alloy Clearcoat Metalic - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs
Reload this Page >

Alloy Clearcoat Metalic

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Alloy Clearcoat Metalic

Old 08-10-2008, 12:30 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Alloy Clearcoat Metalic

Agreed on the Alloy being my favorite. Here is my 07 Alloy Eleanor

Old 08-10-2008, 12:31 PM
flyinfunnyguy8

Love my '09 Alloy, just got finished waxing it and had two people compliment the color(not the wax job! those bastards!) and I two have only seen one other Alloy in my area of northern VA. When it came to colors, I love the deepness black gives, but hate the constant attention to cleanliness you have give it. IMO Alloy gives you the feel of the black, without so many washes! And like everyone else says, people ask about the color, all the time! And I see people looking at it twice over, first thinking its black, and double taking when they realize its not!
Old 08-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tsquare

Only 325 Alloy 'Verts? That explains why I have only seen one or two others.

My last two cars had been Black - way to hard to keep clean. The Alloy is much more forgiving in showing dirt, and I am not the type for bright colors.

When I wanted to order mine, I was specific as to what I wanted: Alloy GT Premium, Interior upgrade, 5 speed manual, 3.73 rearend. They finally found one in Omaha that they brought down to Kansas City for me. I took delivery in April '07, and just turned 52,000 miles - I love it!

Cliff
Wow, you found one with 3.73's eh? good hunting...[8D]
Old 08-10-2008, 02:39 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

I went in to the dealer to look at a black on black 07 gt and ended up seeing an 08 alloy gt with red leather interior and fell in love. I love how it looks almost black when nice and clean, but doesnt show the light scratches/swirl marks as muchand then changes colors during different lighting conditions.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:48 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Agreed. Best color in my opinion. Everyone seems to love black, but if you think about it, you are missing a lot of the contrasts with black (and white too). With black you see only darkness and reflections...no shadows. With white you see only brightness and some shadows.

But with Alloy (Redfire and a few others) you see the paint color, the shadowed areas, and the bright highlights because of the metallic. Alloy is clean and classy. My favorite by far.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:28 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

In my opinion tungsten gray has the best color because of the way it changes in different lights, itgoes from flat gray in shade to a metallic light gray in sun to a purpleish color at dusk and a colorI cant describe at night. vapor is cool too, if i could do it all over again i would get that bright red color, it looks soo good on our mustangs.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:43 PM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

When I was looking for a mustang, I was looking for tungsten, but ended up finding alloy that I loved and got it. Love the color
Old 08-10-2008, 04:08 PM
mhconley
2nd Gear Member

After I first saw an alloy metallic Mustang it was the only color I wanted. I love mine!

Martin
Old 08-10-2008, 04:29 PM
firestang24
2nd Gear Member

went to buy a sonic blue, and left with an 07 alloy. wife liked the color, and fake hood scoop! the color looks beautiful when clean. I've also been the only one at most of the shows/meets i attend, it's a good feeling!

[IMG]local://upfiles/95346/55C0EA0B1BD44D12BA7244614A68832F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

My Dad chose Alloy for his Mustang v6 Pony when we both got ours in 2007. I love the color but I chose Vista Blue for my GT.
He gets lots of compliments there are not a lot of either of our colors around here. We mostly see black and red.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alloy Clearcoat Metalic

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.