Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sell the S197 or keep it.. help me!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:35 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default Sell the S197 or keep it.. help me!!

hey guys..

ive had my 07 for about a year and 4 months now.. i fckin loveee this car.. but heres a few things that im thinking..

im going through fire school right now, and in january i will be graduating.. (and soon following, get hired on)

starting sept 25, i will be doing fire standards and more than not, have wet bunker gear that i will have to haul to and from school everyday... this is something that kind of concerns me.. (with the stang..) i realize i could just throw it in the trunk and put like a rubber mat down or something.. but even when i get into the field.. having a truck is sooo much better..

i used to have an 06 f150.. small lift, all the little **** done to it, and i loved it and hated leaving it for my car.. but then i grew to fckin LOVE this car.. more than i loved my truck..

and so badly, i want to keep this car forever, and one day beable to give it to my son!.. and once i get hired on, making some money, i would be able to get another F150 on the side.. (used) and make payments.. but if i take that route.. it will probably be stock, no lift, and stupid.. (i cant drive a low truck.. its against my religion..)

and once i got the truck as my second car, make the stang a weekend/track car.. slap a blower on it eventually.. etc..

well... i just dont see how im going to make the money to (car is paid off) pay for a truck, a house/appt, and all the **** that comes along with it, and be able to have money to lift it and ****..

so basically.. what im asking you guys.. is should i sell my car and get a truck because it makes more sense as far as use (with having a bed, and more room inside).. as far as leaving this car, which will be 100% paid off in october, and getting a truck.. i will be on the market for one that is used, and relatively close in price, if anything.. make payments of like 300/mo for like a year or two..

so i wouldnt really be putting my self into the whole.. or picking up more debt.. (which i am debt free as of right now, minus my car.. which i dont consider debt, bc i have the money and im doing payments to establish credit.. )

but heres what im driving right now.. got about $3500 into it.. maybe $4,000.. in mods..

and heres what i eventually want to be in.. something like this..

HELP ME!!! IM SO TORN!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 04:52 PM
map92389
1st Gear Member

I'd wait until you can afford the F-150 as a second car and keep the mustang. What's going to make you happier, handing you mustang off to your son or having to drive a truck for a little while that isn't lifted. Just deal with the wet gear for a while (buy the mats, rubber bins, trash bags, whatever) and move it around in there. Buy the truck and then continue to save for a while so you can work on it. Wait for the delayed gratification and you'll get everything you want, it's just not going to be immediate. My dad is a firefighter and I completely understand how much better a truck is for when you're on duty then a car is. But in your shoes I would wait, play my cards right, and work on getting it all.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

you've put a lot into that car, I wouldn't just turn around and sell it...
Old 08-12-2008, 05:04 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

ya.. i agree with both of you.. and every time i look out side, and see that beauty.. im like.. nahhh.. im not selling it!.. then i see a sick *** truck on the road and im like.... fckkk..

but in the end.. i think it would save me the most money to just keep what ive got.. i cant wait another year to get a truck.. i just hate the waiting period.. it sucks!!.. but i really dont think i will ever sell this car..

i just need the extra back bone from you guys when i get these stupid thoughts!.. "hi, my name is David, and im a car enthusiast, and love more than one car.."

(I NEED A SUPPORT MEMBER IN MY ALCOHOLICS/CAR ENTHUSIASTS ANONYMOUS MEETING!)

thanks guys!.. im already feeling like i dont need the truck right now!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Keep the stang, its your baby, youve spent 4k on it, you should enjoy it until you cannot live with the hassle anymore
Old 08-12-2008, 05:27 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Keep the stang!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not that big of a deal to put your gear in the trunk (used to be on volunteer dept).....just put towels in it to protect it for the time being. Mud trucks FTL
Old 08-12-2008, 05:32 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

if you sell the stang you will regret it. i have a mazda b3000 that is my DD, when it is raining and muddy, or when i go to the beach, or when someone wants to borrow my truck for something, i'm glad i have a truck that can be beat around and not worry about cleaning it too much. dont get me wrong, that is a nice lookin truck, but i like having a beater too that can handle abuse. keep the stang, and get the truck later. the only way i would sell my stang is if someone offered me 40k for it, any takers? then i'd get another one and start all over.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:10 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

yea dont sell it. you know you love it. no point in selling it, esp. when its nearly paid off...and it looks so baddass. its not like it cant handle a little water.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:35 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Keep it. The truck will come to you in time. Don't waste the time, effort, and money that you have done so far on the stang.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:57 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

oooo.. how you all are sooo right..

but one thing.. there is a difference between a "mud truck" and those trucks.. 1) your an idiot for not thinking those even look remotely good.. 2) if it was a 1987 lifted 23", then yes.. i would agree.. but a Harley Davidson edition does not = mud truck.. sorry bud

but thanks guys.. looks like im just gunna have to wait 1 more year! and then splurge and have both!

Quick Reply: Sell the S197 or keep it.. help me!!