MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Fog lights as daytime running lights. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/475383-fog-lights-as-daytime-running-lights.html)

omigosh 08-19-2008 09:50 PM

Fog lights as daytime running lights.

I did a search for this and couldn't come up with anything.

I passed a mustang the other day that only had the fog lights on. No headlights or parking lights. Does anyone know how to set this up?

StickShifty 08-20-2008 12:36 AM

you can wire your fog lights to work without the parking lights.

05 Mustang 08-20-2008 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by StickShifty (Post 5365150)
you can wire your fog lights to work without the parking lights.

+1

might even try googling.....I remember seeing a write up for this

illin 08-20-2008 07:13 AM

Is there a spare key side hot with enough juice in the front box? I would go a seperate circuit...but you will need an eletrical manual to nail it down for sure.

Keep us up to date on this as I may do the same.

Tormentor 08-20-2008 10:41 AM

i thought I read something about daytime running lights in the owners manual the other day when I was searching for the fog light adjustment page. Not sure if it was a section on how to set it up or not tho. I will have to take another look see.

OOPS

jvecero3 08-20-2008 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tormentor (Post 5365976)
i thought I read something about daytime running lights in the owners manual the other day when I was searching for the fag light adjustment page. Not sure if it was a section on how to set it up or not tho. I will have to take another look see

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe...

S197steve 08-20-2008 11:44 AM

I just drive with all 4 lights on at all times... I'd rather be seen.

AzPete 08-20-2008 08:01 PM

I live in Panama City, Fl. I have done this to my black 07 Vert. I used a switched power wire under the hood to activate a relay. The power from the relay goes to the fog lights. I grounded this relay thru the power side of the park lights. This allows the fog lights to work as normal once the lights are turned on. This was all done near the power dist. box under the hood. I will have to open it up to give the wire colors and such. I hope to do this tomorrow. It has been this way for 10,000 miles with no problems, car has 20,000 in one year. There is no switch for this system on the lights at this time so they are on when the key is on. If I want them off, I just turn on my park lights with the fog lights normally off. Running wires inside to a switch would not be hard.

Yes, this is my first post here. I registered mainly to answer this.

Boozshey 08-20-2008 08:13 PM

webelectronics has a kit that you could prolly retrofit in.

omigosh 08-20-2008 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by AzPete (Post 5367633)
I live in Panama City, Fl. I have done this to my black 07 Vert. I used a switched power wire under the hood to activate a relay. The power from the relay goes to the fog lights. I grounded this relay thru the power side of the park lights. This allows the fog lights to work as normal once the lights are turned on. This was all done near the power dist. box under the hood. I will have to open it up to give the wire colors and such. I hope to do this tomorrow. It has been this way for 10,000 miles with no problems, car has 20,000 in one year. There is no switch for this system on the lights at this time so they are on when the key is on. If I want them off, I just turn on my park lights with the fog lights normally off. Running wires inside to a switch would not be hard.

Yes, this is my first post here. I registered mainly to answer this.

Thanks! I knew someone would be able to answer this! I'll have to give it a try!

Boozshey- what is webelectronics? I tried to google it, but no luck.