Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger or Paxton

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 11:21 PM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

Default Procharger or Paxton

well after having some troubles the first time around it is finally time to order my supercharger, I'm stuck between these two and I would appreciate y'alls opinions on which kit I should go with. another question I had (mainly for caution) is do yall think that I will having clearance issues with the piping for the intercooler on either kit due to my front diffuser?(it goes back to the start of the front fender wells) this is a really tough decision and I'm getting so anxious to get it ordered!

thanks,
Ryan
Old 08-24-2008, 11:32 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

procharger makes an intercooler kit that fits into certain applications easier by using 2 smaller ones. i'll look it up for you tommorow
Old 08-25-2008, 12:49 AM
slvrstang2007
2nd Gear Member

procharger, fairly simple install just time consuming, got some good numbers from the base intercooled kit, and haven't had any problems with it yet knock on wood, plus it sounds nuts you'll get looks from everyone on the street or in their cars, lots of fun. Can't speak for paxton though never talked to anyone running their set up on a s197. good luck
Old 08-25-2008, 12:55 AM
hypersurf1
2nd Gear Member

I have the Paxton and love it. Both superchargers will give you the same HP. The Paxton install was pretty simple for someone with basic tools and knowledge. I have the CS air damn since its a Shelby GT and didnt have any clearance issues with the intercooler. I cant imagene your diffuser would cause a problem. I would buy whichever is a better deal. The Paxton has a 3 year 36k mile warranty on the blower unit. I would check to see what Prochargers warranty is. You should be able to get the Paxton 2200 for around $4300-4500. I dont know what the Prochargers are going for.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:42 AM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

I love my paxton kit as well. The kit from Brenspeed is great. If you could tell us some more about your goals with the car it would be a lot easier for us to reccomend.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:12 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

JMO, but I would go with the Paxton. They are around the same price, the produce around the same HP, but the Paxton just looks so much better when you pop the hood.

But either way, you'll love the power of each!

Good luck on your decision.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:01 PM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

Well my goals with the car is definentally to acheive a killer look under the hood but also the motor will be built within the next 6 months or so, so I do plan on putting down some good power. I really love the sound of the procharger, it sounds insane but I also like how complete the paxton kit is from brenspeed, it's such a tough decision.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:37 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Both proven SC's. My personal preference is the procharger. I like the louder idle and looks better. Heard it runs really hot though. It comes down to preference. I love the sound of Sc's so i would go with the louder one.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:28 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

You cant go wrong with either one. Same hp. I dont know how 'upgradable' the Paxton is, but if you choose to go Procharger, get the D1-SC head unit if you plan on upgrading the engine later. It flows more air and is capable of more boost than the P1. Course, If ya really want to throw some power down, the F1, 2 or 3, is the way to go for the most power. An F is more than a stock engine can handle, so dont get that one if its gonna be awhile.

You can see where the intercooler mounts in my sig. Your spoiler will NOT be a problem.
The smaller twin intercoolers mentioned above are for the old Fox bodies. S197s have one 3 row intercooler, mounts in the middle.

If you want quiet, they are on the verge of releasing the no whine gear set. No noise from it, at all. Standing next to it, you'd never know it was there.

And, I uh, do sell them. 3yr warranty is available for like, $50 more

Last edited by SCCAGT; 08-25-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:20 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

The paxton 2200 head unit does not need to be upgraded like the prochargers do. It is capable of supporting up to 1000 hp at 27 psi. The only thing you need to up the power is a smaller pulley and fuel mods!!! The paxton has a nice little whistle ad idle and sounds killer once you get into the boost. Also the dual blow off valves on the paxton sound AMAZING! Also the paxton intercooler is HUGE. The local performance shop said it was the largest intercooler that had seen. I fogot to take pics before it was installed. Also the piping for my intercooler does not go in the wheel well. You can only see the big pipes through it.

Another big selling point for me was always being able to have Brenspeed to call if I ever have any problems. I have called them quite a few times (not for any problems just some info and suggestions) and they are great.

Last edited by cobra443; 08-25-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Procharger or Paxton