Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keeping The Bumper Clean

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 09:19 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by nite
LOL. and I'm sure you have no affiliation with that company...
They even have a car cover for the ever so popular Mustang Turbo model.
Yikkeeeeeesssss......
That must be one heck of a turbo hood bump to require a different cover than the one for the non-turbo stang.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:20 PM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

Ok since I started doing this i've run into two snags, please see if you can help me address them.

1- Some bugs are harder to get off than others, what should I do to get these stubborn things off? The detailers and water don't work.
2- The California Duster is leaving streaks, even after I let it sit and shake it off. Am i doing something wrong?

Thank you as always!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

1. You might end up having to use a clay bar. Or try some goof off.

2. Streaks are normal when it's new. After several uses that ceases to be a problem.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:57 PM
mxg30
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JoshyGT
Ok since I started doing this i've run into two snags, please see if you can help me address them.

1- Some bugs are harder to get off than others, what should I do to get these stubborn things off? The detailers and water don't work.
2- The California Duster is leaving streaks, even after I let it sit and shake it off. Am i doing something wrong?

Thank you as always!
JoshyGT,

I'm right here with you in Florida and battle the Love Bugs too. My 05' is a daily driver and I always get asked after 3 yrs if it is brand new. Here is what works for me with all that the harsh Florida weather brings:

*I use Blue Corral wash w/wax in it. This is one of BEST and also the cheapest. I've used all of the expensive stuff and they don't cut it here. After I wash I use a Micro Fiber cloth to dry and you can see a thin film of wax going to work (Great Stuff!).

*Keep a good coat of an ADDITIONAL wax on your car on top of the wax in the wash. (the wash wax is incase you don't have time to wax after a wash).

*For LOVE BUGS I use Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover. Ths can applied daily if needed. (goes on smooth, has a decent smell and has WAX built into it).

*Always use Micro Fiber Clothes.

Signed Your Fellow Floridian
Old 09-08-2008, 07:31 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

My daily regimen for both the 05 and the Bullitt are a wipe down with the California Duster...but....always in the evening, sun going down . I never use it in the morning, as it leaves streaks in the morning, as you noted...due to the humidity.....You Floridians don't know about that....

Then once weekly usually, sometimes twice a week, a once over with Eagle One detail spray. Best I have ever used, and I used to be a Turtle Wax Ice user....Also once weekly, all the windows with Stoners cleaner and a waffle weave microfiber.....

It helps a ton to have a good base coat of Tech Wax 2 down before all this.....
Old 09-09-2008, 03:27 PM
05xgt

Zaino system. You get what you pay for. Then just get a bra for the commute. Black is a B--ch.