Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An other Bump "Meguiar's....."

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 04:49 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Default An other Bump "Meguiar's....."

Hey..I am off work for a bit so I have been trying some new products...you might have seen my other thread about the Mothers Back to Black.

#1 Bump for the Meguiars "natural shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant"

#2 Bump for the Meguiar's "Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner"

#1 I learned today that any product made for Vinyl or Rubber is also safe on plastic.
I have to say this gave the plastic and Dash a great natural shine once buffed..perfect look...not greasy like the Black Magic stuff I used...great Product also has UV protection.

#2 This is the best I have used yet, especial for the middle part of the seat with the holes...doesn't get stuck in there....I sprayed and let it soak then gentley rubbed it in then gave it a slight buff.
Great natural deep black color....not to much shine...but most of all it really seemed to moisturize the leather!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:55 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by svt93style
Hey..I am off work for a bit so I have been trying some new products...you might have seen my other thread about the Mothers Back to Black.

#1 Bump for the Meguiars "natural shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant"

#2 Bump for the Meguiar's "Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner"

#1 I learned today that any product made for Vinyl or Rubber is also safe on plastic.
I have to say this gave the plastic and Dash a great natural shine once buffed..perfect look...not greasy like the Black Magic stuff I used...great Product also has UV protection.

#2 This is the best I have used yet, especial for the middle part of the seat with the holes...doesn't get stuck in there....I sprayed and let it soak then gentley rubbed it in then gave it a slight buff.
Great natural deep black color....not to much shine...but most of all it really seemed to moisturize the leather!
I tried the Gold Class Leather Cleaner wipes this past weekend, and love em. Beautiful job, easy with the wipes, and it only takes like two to do the whole car....

I also cannot rave enough about the Tech Wax 2.0 for the exterior. Best shine I have ever seen, bar none......
Old 08-28-2008, 11:41 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

i tried using the tech wax, and it was HELL to take off. i definitely need a buffer.

i think for those that don't use a buffer, they should stick to good old cleaner wax from meguiar's. get a really good shine and SUPER easy to wipe off.

maybe the tech wax works great after you cure it for a while. i still got 80% of the bottle left, i'm sure i'll give it another go. plus it smells AMAZING! lol.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:08 AM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Default Hey

Hey, that Mineral Grey looks abusive! Love it...its what made me want a s197...ended up with the 06 Tungsten...but that mineral grey is clean.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:50 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by r3velation
i tried using the tech wax, and it was HELL to take off. i definitely need a buffer.

i think for those that don't use a buffer, they should stick to good old cleaner wax from meguiar's. get a really good shine and SUPER easy to wipe off.

maybe the tech wax works great after you cure it for a while. i still got 80% of the bottle left, i'm sure i'll give it another go. plus it smells AMAZING! lol.
Remember apply a thin even coat. Let dry for 20-30 minutes (usually the amt of time for you to cover the whole car) and remove using a back and forth even motion with long strokes (jokes aside) and even pressure and the product was the easiest one i have worked with and removed to this date. IMO it is better and deeper longer lasting shine than the Liquid gold class. Also wait for 12+ hours before you apply a second coat to make sure you covered any missed areas...... JMO and hope it helps
Old 08-29-2008, 01:17 AM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Default Hey

Just have to say the best wax I have ever seen in person was the Turtle wax Ice....absoulutley the easiest thing to use and the shine was glissening!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:54 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by svt93style
Just have to say the best wax I have ever seen in person was the Turtle wax Ice....absoulutley the easiest thing to use and the shine was glissening!
First, thanks for the kudos on the MG. I appreciate it. I used to use Ice as well, but keep in mind that Ice is a polish, not a wax. It still has it's place in my detailing regimen, but not as a final wax....

Also, remember there IS a difference between Tech Wax and Tech Wax 2.0. I am using the 2.0, and it removes very easy. I do not do the whole car at once, but do sections, and really do not let it dry that long.....Amazing shine.....

Mike
Old 08-29-2008, 11:27 AM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mlcrycc
First, thanks for the kudos on the MG. I appreciate it. I used to use Ice as well, but keep in mind that Ice is a polish, not a wax. It still has it's place in my detailing regimen, but not as a final wax....

Also, remember there IS a difference between Tech Wax and Tech Wax 2.0. I am using the 2.0, and it removes very easy. I do not do the whole car at once, but do sections, and really do not let it dry that long.....Amazing shine.....

Mike
Didn't realize the Turtle wasn't a wax, I was over a my bosses while he put it on so I assumed.

What wing is that? Is that the GT500 wing?
Old 08-29-2008, 01:24 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
Remember apply a thin even coat. Let dry for 20-30 minutes (usually the amt of time for you to cover the whole car) and remove using a back and forth even motion with long strokes (jokes aside) and even pressure and the product was the easiest one i have worked with and removed to this date. IMO it is better and deeper longer lasting shine than the Liquid gold class. Also wait for 12+ hours before you apply a second coat to make sure you covered any missed areas...... JMO and hope it helps
maybe i'll give it a second go. thanks j
Old 08-29-2008, 03:04 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i used #2 and that stuff is awsome shines like crazy and last forever

Quick Reply: An other Bump "Meguiar's....."