Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what's my car worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 02:37 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

you see its funny,,,,if i were to go out right now and look for a stang and came up on a modded one, you start thinking about who had it last, what type of person they are, did they just rag the car out the whole time or whatever...in this case, i think u need to kind of have an idea of the last owners personality to see if u are getting a well kept vehicle or something thats about to croak on you as soon as u get it...

if you trade it in, the dealer will give you less for your car and end up taking everytihng off of the car pretty much to make it as close to stock as possible....you have to wait for the right buyer to come along, one who KNOWS our cars and the mods available for them , what to look for in the car, and so on....

if i bought a modded stang, it would be from someone i know...
Old 09-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Lord.... I was really thinking of selling/trading my car for either an 09' Stang (waiting for Nov. when they take the wraps off) or a 10' camaro but now I'm digressing.

I only owe $8k on my car so I know I can get something out of but all the money I've put into her disturbs me. I'm about to throw another $5k into suspension. lol!
Old 09-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
Right buyer and it will benefit you....sold my 05 gt with alot of mods. s/c, headers, body part changes, stripes etc..(Shelby gt350 tribute look) .had over 30k invested into it (Inc price of car when I bought used in 06 with 4k miles) sold it with over 20k miles....for $26,000 on ebay. so my loss was $4k which was incredible considering I had alot of fun times with the car over 2 years...so to me 2k per year to drive my car...not a bad deal....but again..the right buyer bought it...put on Ebay....my luck with Auto trader was useless..all that did was get calls from car selling companies in Vegas., they charge you and exuberant amount of money to sell your car, they arange financing for the buyer etc...however...they will NOT guarantee to sell your car...good luck with the sale....dont expect to get everything you put into the car out of it...if you have patience ..it could sell...mine took about 2-3 weeks with everyone offering to buy certain parts off of my car...however...my car sold because of the mods..some dont...good luck
Once the 09's are unveiled along with the new camaro... that's what scares me. Should I sell now or wait until my S197 is a useless "stop-gap" car like the new edge (cobra notwithstanding)??