Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang 2008 pricing

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:02 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Sandi, you need to tell that dealer to shove it!!! Listen i was in the same boat as you 3 months ago when i bought my 08 GT. I was looking used but i found a new one at the dealer fro 23K before tax!!! This was only with interior upgrade package, no leather(which can be bought for $350 at newtakeoffparts.com) I figured i would upgrade however i wanted. Tell the sales person he sucks and get a GT they are cheap!!!manual are funner ;-)
Old 09-03-2008, 09:54 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

^^^^ def agree lol
Old 09-03-2008, 10:28 AM
JonBlaze

I dont think 22,000 BEFORE taxes is a not a good deal. I am a car salesperson in Tucson, Az. I work at Jim Click. I specialize in Nissans, But obviously since im on this site I drive a 08 Mustang GT. Dealerships know that the market sucks right now and if it means taking a what they call a "loser" deal (where we sell a car under invoice), i.e. invoice is what we pay for the car. The dealership get a kick back from say the Ford motor company because they are still moving units. That salesperson knows he can sell you that car for invoice or very close to it. Do your homework before you go in there again. Print out paper that show MSRP, and invoice, and ask the guy to make a deal. Keep in mind if you want extra stuff like premium package and other stuff you will have to pay MSRP for that stuff. Ask him about HUGE rebates from Ford being that the 09 will be coming out if not out already. He knows that his manager must GET RID of as many 08 as he can. Last piece of advice, even though you must be firm and stand your ground be NICE to the salesperson and or manager if you need to talk to him. When people are rude and mean to us thats when we dont help them out and rip thier heads off (over charge). You will catch way more bees with honey. I just sold an 80 year man a 09 Nissan Murano yesterday, I knew I couldve giving him 4000 off but what we did was show him first pencil at full price, and all he asked for was 2000 off. Done deal and he paid all cash mind you. Its a crazy business.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:38 AM
JonBlaze

I meant to say in the first line of my post 22K is NOT a GOOD DEAL. Sorry.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:48 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JonBlaze
I dont think 22,000 BEFORE taxes is a not a good deal. I am a car salesperson in Tucson, Az. I work at Jim Click. I specialize in Nissans, But obviously since im on this site I drive a 08 Mustang GT. Dealerships know that the market sucks right now and if it means taking a what they call a "loser" deal (where we sell a car under invoice), i.e. invoice is what we pay for the car. The dealership get a kick back from say the Ford motor company because they are still moving units. That salesperson knows he can sell you that car for invoice or very close to it. Do your homework before you go in there again. Print out paper that show MSRP, and invoice, and ask the guy to make a deal. Keep in mind if you want extra stuff like premium package and other stuff you will have to pay MSRP for that stuff. Ask him about HUGE rebates from Ford being that the 09 will be coming out if not out already. He knows that his manager must GET RID of as many 08 as he can. Last piece of advice, even though you must be firm and stand your ground be NICE to the salesperson and or manager if you need to talk to him. When people are rude and mean to us thats when we dont help them out and rip thier heads off (over charge). You will catch way more bees with honey. I just sold an 80 year man a 09 Nissan Murano yesterday, I knew I couldve giving him 4000 off but what we did was show him first pencil at full price, and all he asked for was 2000 off. Done deal and he paid all cash mind you. Its a crazy business.
You have a very good point. HOWEVER, 22k for a v6 is outrageous. i paid 23 for a gt
Old 09-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Nutty2003
2nd Gear Member

After A plan and incentives I was able to get the Deluxe v6 5 speed w/ Exterior Sport Apearance Package for 14,963 if that helps? was stickered at 21,525. I was looking at a 2007 with 20k miles for 14,500 until i found out i met all requirements to get a new one... took a week to get it all complete but she had 37 miles on it when i picked her up
Old 09-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Full Throttle
2nd Gear Member

In Canada base MSRP for a V6 is $24,799 and for a GT its $33,999. Ridiculous I know. But you can get a used GT in the 20k.

Ford Canada
http://ford.ca/app/fo/en/cars/mustang.do
Old 09-03-2008, 11:01 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Sticker Price minus "incentives"?
Go for $1000 over Dealer Invoice pAND minus those "Incentives".
No One Pays Sticker, No One.
They wanna sell one and they are testing the waters with you.
Tell em you dont play that game and name your price.
$1000 over Dealer Invoice AND the "Incentives".
No deal, go elsewhere.
They are raking you over the coals.
Do they sell Vaseline anywhere close to the Stealership?
Might wanna pick some up before heading back there.
I paid $17,087 for my V6 back in 07, NO "Incentives",
and the prices have not changed much since then.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 AM
JonBlaze

Yea I paid 24K for my GT it was considered used cause some guy bought it in January and trade it in with 5000 miles on it in June when I bought it. It has the premium package, leather, ambient lighting, hood scoop, 18 satin wheels, leather wrapped steering wheel, shaker 500, its pretty much a fully loaded GT. Sandy I know you can get a better price on your V6 than 22K before taxes. Like i told you im a car salesman let me know if you have anymore questions. Goodluck

I got employee pricing on mine.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

22K for a 6 ... yeah right. A buddy of mine called me yesterday because there is a Ford dealer here in CA running some special on GT's -- 17,999. Yes, thats a GT not a 6.

Quick Reply: Mustang 2008 pricing