Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to purchase a CS rear bumper???

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 11:42 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
You are right that the CS paint scheme looks better than the GT500. They are actually 2 different bumpers but virtually identical. The GT500 bumper texture wraps around the whole bottom side to match the textured V6 side skirts it comes with. The CS version is smooth and drops down after the muffler tips so you can paint the whole sides, leaving the diffuser between the tail pipes textured & black. The best place to get it is at your dealer. No shipping for you and make sure you dont order it from the replacement part catalog. GET THE ACCESSORY PART#. I'll look for it but I dont have it handy. Im sure your dealer parts person can find it for you. But, the accessory version comes with the necessary brackets and its cheaper as well. You can bargain with the parts dept. too. At least another 10% off.

i believe its actually only one. my bumper actually has that texture all the way to the wheel wells, and a line where it stop. all that is painted body color. up close you can tell, what a half-fast job they did with it.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:28 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Ive seen both and the one on mine is smooth around the tips and to the side of the car.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:35 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Hey Mellow, I already have my CS/Shelby rear bumper cover on order and should be in soon. I'll post pic's of it and my new Shelby billit fuel door that will also be painted to match my car

P.S. Next month I order my new lower front KR front grill with brake vents
Old 09-08-2008, 03:27 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Very nice bro. Ive been toying around with getting those myself for a while but I cant get myself to pay 150 for 2 plastic bezels and to buy a new lower grill with holes in it when I already have one. I read some where else that you absolutely do not want to start cutting your own hole. Its a big PITA. and not worth the effort. Im sure Ill do it soon anyway because I know myself. As for now. Im getting the Silverhorse flush louvers. The really compliment the car with out sticking out. Ill post pix when done so you can see it in yellow.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:49 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Very nice bro. Ive been toying around with getting those myself for a while but I cant get myself to pay 150 for 2 plastic bezels and to buy a new lower grill with holes in it when I already have one. I read some where else that you absolutely do not want to start cutting your own hole. Its a big PITA. and not worth the effort. Im sure Ill do it soon anyway because I know myself. As for now. Im getting the Silverhorse flush louvers. The really compliment the car with out sticking out. Ill post pix when done so you can see it in yellow.
Ya I hear the same thing, something about having to cut compound angles ouch! I'll be looking forward to those pics bro! I guess we can now release this thread...LOL! Can you say "Highjacked" hehehehehe!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:32 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

My apologies wrestlinnut
Old 09-08-2008, 08:15 PM
wrestlinnut
1st Gear Member

No problems mellow. I found what I needed thanks to you and others!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:58 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Good, Im glad. Lets see pix.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:44 AM
wrestlinnut
1st Gear Member

I dont think I have ever posted pics on here before. I will get on that ASAP. Then of course more after I do the CS bumper.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Red_Stallion
2nd Gear Member

Have you considered the Street Scene rear valence?

Quick Reply: Where to purchase a CS rear bumper???