Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Charges for updated tune from Brenspeed

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 01:51 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

I feel you there, it would def be a little mad. I've heard both that they update it for future mods AND that they update only for new parts from brenspeed.

My car's been pinging so Brent's gonna redo my tunes and I have FRPP 4.10s too so theyre gonna tune for that anyway. If you talk to them maybe they'll help you out I've found theyre pretty good with customer service. Good luck either way
Old 09-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by timothyrw
from brenspeed's website at the end of every tuner/intake combo description (in bold):

"We keep your custom tune on file so if you ever purchase more performance parts from Brenspeed you can request your current tune be modified free of charge. The free tune revisions are for new parts purchased from Brenspeed. We stock a wide variety of parts that are Brenspeed tuning approved. With a wide variety of parts on the market that are not tune friendly we suggest you speak with our technical sales team before you invest in headers, nitrous, superchargers, turbo’s, throttle body’s, and camshafts."

you can argue whether or not they should give you a free tune, but you can't argue you were mislead.
I don't believe/I am sure that was NOT on their website 2 years ago when I made my purchases. Plus I was told it. Did not read it. As I said "looks like times have changed".
Old 09-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

I agree one must draw the line. Otherwise you will be coming back with something like a cam swap or a blower or or or and it isnt fair for them to have to spend time and money on updating a tune for something they didnt sell you. To tell the truth they are being cool giving free tunes for parts that you buy from them as well. I know my local shop that tuned my car would charge for each and every tune modification so I decided to have Brenspeed make me a custom tune and their 3 tune package is really cheap. Man you folks act like a few bucks is gonna kill you yet spend a lot of money for stupic crap on your cars and dont think twice...or complain about it!