Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toll Tags

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 02:55 PM
TXLonghorns21

Default Toll Tags

So i was just wondering what everyones opinion was on this matter. I live in texas and we have a bunch of toll roads that require the toll tag to be placed right under the rear view mirror. I think that the sticker stands out like a soar thumb and just looks ugly in general. I am really fighting against puttin it on, but it is becoming a hassle. My fiance thinks im crazy for not just putting it on, but i dunno....what do you guys think?
Old 09-09-2008, 03:14 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

I live in Maryland and go through the tunnels a lot. I have one and its common here.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I live in KY but travel alot, especially to the Chicago area. I have the Illinois I-Pass which is an electronic device that mounts to the inside windshield with a suction cup. It's a real eyesore and I only attach it when I travel. It's also honored in other states and I just returned from a 3200 mile trip and only had to stop at toll booths in Indiana (where it's not honored). Other than craping up the windshield, it's a real time saver and the tolls with it (in Illinois, anyway) are cheaper than if you stopped to pay.

I mounted mine the last few times in the lower left corner above the dash and it worked fine. I just remove it when I go local.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

I live in houston... i finally got tired of waiting through the rediculous toll lines at rush hour. I was just like you, but recently broke down and put the sticker on.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Man I got mine the other day. Did you get the new tag like the thin one or the old one that is a huge plastic piece. I actually thought they didnt send me a toll tag because I was looking for the plastic box. I stuck it up there above the rear view and you dont really see it from the outside through that dotted crap that is on the window. Has the big Orange T but you dont see it from the oustide that bad again due to that crap that is at the top of the windshield. It works as I went through the toll booth the other day and it green lighted me was worried that maybe that the windshield shading or whatever that stuff is would not allow it to work. They say that it cant have air bubbles and it must be attached right here etc. etc. etc. Think there full of crap!
Old 09-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

I still haven't gotten the tag yet simply because I don't need one to go from home to work, but I did have a chance to go on the toll roads here in Austin without having to pay for it because of 2 reasons, Reason 1, I didn't have my Texas plates yet as it was a new vehicle, and 2, I was accompanying a ambulance so they let me pass through the toll with it.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:28 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

here in the bay area ca we got them all over the place I just got it, leave it in the glovebox and so far it works...
Old 09-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I'm in Austin and got one last year. It's getting to where you can't get anywhere quick in central TX without one. What BS these things are.... Some toll plaza's charge you $1.68 every time you run through!!!!!! I could spend $40 a month if I used the toll roads consisitently.

And now I've had some toll charges I received prior to getting my tag in 12/07 have sent me to NCO finance and want a $25 "admin fee" on top of the 25 or so toll run-thrus I made. haha! more total BS.

I stay off the goddam toll roads now whenever I can. I'd stick the f'in tag up their asses if I could...

And it looks great on my windshield... the least of my problems..
Old 09-09-2008, 06:32 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

If you're talking about the Hardy Tollway or the Beltway you can just get license plate holders that have the sensors built into them... my dad has one on his GT and rides the Beltway about 40 miles a day with no problems.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
If you're talking about the Hardy Tollway or the Beltway you can just get license plate holders that have the sensors built into them... my dad has one on his GT and rides the Beltway about 40 miles a day with no problems.
I had no idea, do you just call the offices that sell the tag?

Quick Reply: Toll Tags