Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pypes O/R H < or = to O/R Prochamber

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:37 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Default Pypes O/R H < or = to O/R Prochamber

Alright last exhaust question I promise.

Has anyone run an O/R Pypes H and a Prochamber on their car or heard both in person.

The O/R H is onsale at Brenspeed for $154 shipped. The prochamber is $425 shipped from most places.

Is the prochamber different enough to warrant the increase in $$.

I had a prochamber on my 2v and loved it, but it was the only midpipe I have ever run.

I am going to try it with my violators for a while but in the future I might go with the Pypes Mid-muffler.

Listened to tons of video's, but it is hard to tell the real difference, and what is caused by the camera mic.

Thanks,
Old 09-11-2008, 11:38 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

I've heard both the prochamber and pypes H in person but not next to each other with the same set-up. (ex: both with violators)
I was wondering this same thing too and IMO it's not worth the extra 250-300bucks. It's better off in your pocket or spent on another treat for the car. The violators and pypes H sounds real good to me and that's what I would do given your situation. And this I have heard in person
Old 09-11-2008, 01:45 PM
NewmanGT
1st Gear Member

I would say spend the extra $$ on the prochamber. Im currently hunting for an o/r prochamber my self
Old 09-11-2008, 03:06 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I am leaning toward the prochamber just because I had one before and had 0 problems with the sound or fitment.

I thought I might gamble on the Pypes O/R H because it was so cheap. Really torn.

Listened to hundreds of video clips but you can never really tell since there are so many variables in recording quality.

Brenspeed has a clip of violaters and the pypes H and I think it sounds pretty good.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Badgt06
1st Gear Member

I'm in the same situation. I currently have Bassani Race axle backs and want to upgrade the midpipe. I want to find a used o/r H but someone suggested prochamber.. I just wonder if the axel's will make it too loud, lol.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:56 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I'm switching my exhaust to Bassani, and will be selling my catted prochamber soon if anyone's interested. I will most likely be asking $450 shipped. I paid $408 for the offroad prochamber and $174 for the pair of cats. I estimate shipping to be $30-$50.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:41 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

dude.. the exhaust questions never end.. trust me..

ive said "this is the last time im doin/askin this" about exhaust prolly 6 good times..

ive changed my exhuast drastically from one end of the spectrum to the other..

ive had an O/R x, high flow catted X, cutouts, ran the stockers with the new mid pipes.. ive moved the cutouts to the new mid pipes.. ive prolly throw about 2k in my exhaust and am only runnign mid pipes and mufflers.. no LT's yet.. wtf right?.. i kno..

well right now.. im running O/R h and mid mufflers.. sounds good.. and is decently close to the 2/4 valve motors.. if your plannin on goin with mid mufflers.. i would DEFFINATELY say go with the prochamber.. it seems like that thing just hollows out the tone and makes it sound super throaty like a 2v.. where as, (what im regretting/experiencing right now).. is loud, which isnt bad by any means, but loud, trumpetty, .. you name it.. my exhaust is doing it..

if i had the cash.. i would DEFFINATELY go with the prochamber.. infact.. when i get some money here.. im thinking of goin with Mac longtubes and the prochamber bc thye sound the throatiest and most hollow.. and thats what im trying to achieve here.. i want that new edge body style sound..

so thats what i would do IMO..

something else.. im also even considering throwing my stocks back on along with the mid mufflers to see what it sounds like with the O/R h.. but i gotta wait bc i had the guy tack weld everything and cant remove the muffler deletes on the pypes kit..

but what im getting at here.. is you could run the prochamer, and if you needed the cash, sell the violators to help pay for the prochamber, and throw the stockers back on untill you can afford the mid mufflers.. (consider just buying the m-80 mufflers rather than the kit) trust me on that

if i had the time and money.. ^^^^ thats what id do, if i could do it all over.. and i promise, the stock axle backs wont sound too bad with the prochamber.. in fact.. you might really like it..

DO IT!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:42 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

God damn that was a long reply.. sry
Old 09-11-2008, 08:55 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

I love my o/r prochamber! Wouldn't change it for anything.

I got mine at Speedconcepts.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:13 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Yea forgot to say that quality is the only thing holding me back from owning the pypes H now. I had the bassani X pipe and although they're supposed to have good quality I had problems with it and sold it.

Quick Reply: Pypes O/R H < or = to O/R Prochamber