Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350Z seats in a Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

+1 for too short carpet, great idea for the seats. would love to see it done
Old 09-17-2008, 09:05 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangBatman1
Tell me about it, if yours is anything like mine, you can see the padding behind the pedals because your carpet is cut too short...
Ugh, it looks soo cheap. Not to long ago I saw the JL Audio Mustang, they had put dark blue carpet in theirs with blue led's in the foot wells, looked insane. Our company colors our blue and silver so i'm thinking about doing the carpet like that, and sanding/prepping/painting all the dash pieces a silver, w/a carbon fiber dash kit
Old 09-18-2008, 08:52 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Thanks, I am going to keep an eye out for these seats.

There is a set of black ones on Ebay for $250 a set, but has a small cut in it.

I think if I can find a good quality set for about that money I will pull the trigger and give it a try.

I do have a few concerns I was hoping someone would chime in on. One I have a electric drivers seat, What do I have to do to make a new seat work?

Also I dont have side airbags now, but I think the 350 seats do, added weight buy I am not worried, but something to think about if you do have side air bags.

As far as Front airbags, can I rewire the 350Z sensor or do I have to take out the ones from my seat?

I figured the easiest way was to buy the corbeau install brackets and alter them for the 350 seats.

I would think the airbag problem would be the same even with a real Recaro seat, how do they work around this?

And to the haters, a nice set of these for $250 is alot better sounding to me than $2000 for Corbeau's in leather.

I will keep an eye on these and post if I do anything about it.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:38 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

that sounds like a good idea MustangGT0405.. deff let us know..

as far as the side airbag thing.. if it did have side airbags.. i sure as hell wouldnt connect them.. bc they are not spec'd to our cars.. i dont know wether or not it makes a diff.. but if it got hit on the side, and those in the 350z went off and were alot bigger then the mustang.. that could be bad!

but EAGLESTROKER.. you were talking about doing blue carpet and footwell lights.. check out www.mustangaccentkits.com..
Old 09-18-2008, 05:21 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

but EAGLESTROKER.. you were talking about doing blue carpet and footwell lights.. check out www.mustangaccentkits.com..[/QUOTE]

Appreciate it man, its a little high for my taste led's are the most expensive part of it, but its definitely nice to have other options i'll keep it in mind. Anyone running that?
Old 09-18-2008, 07:23 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

I also like the Z's seats. Not only are they more comfortable but they look awesome too. One thing I've noticed on my friends is I swear the leather in his car is a higher quality than ours
Old 09-18-2008, 11:36 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

and here i am just contemplating getting the gt500 seats with the snake stitching swapped out.

they just hug you, makes you feel like you're home. hahaha
Old 09-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

Maybe if I get some time this weekend I can go out to the wife's 350Z and take a look at how well those seats would fit in our cars. Image her surprise to go out and find my seats in her car! haha
Old 09-19-2008, 12:24 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleep Deprived
Maybe if I get some time this weekend I can go out to the wife's 350Z and take a look at how well those seats would fit in our cars. Image her surprise to go out and find my seats in her car! haha
I can see it now lol
Old 09-19-2008, 01:43 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleep Deprived
wowwowo

Quick Reply: 350Z seats in a Mustang?