Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prochamber / Bassani

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 04:53 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Default Prochamber / Bassani

As some of you know, I'm switching my exhaust to Bassani. I have the mufflers (ss street), but the Bassani catted X has not been shipped yet. I decided to go ahead an install the mufflers with my prochamber to let them start breaking in.

Here's a video I made and finally got uploaded. It was raining, so I set the camera on the front porch and drove by several times.
I'm not looking for any praise or comments, although they are welcome. I'm just sharing the exhaust vid because, as far as I know, this is the only S197 with a prochamber and the Bassani mufflers. The combo sounded great on the New Edge stangs. It sounds good on the S197, but not as distinct.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PPiGqXoFdE

Sorry for the bad sound during the revs at the end. My new camera just can't handle loud noises as well as my previous camera. Notice how deep the exhaust sounds. That's the prochamber working.

UPDATE: Here's another vid I made today (9-20-08). It sounds good, but I think it would sound even better with no cats or with the cattex X from Bassani.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rx7mfECK8s

AND...here is another. I wasn't going to upload this one at first because the farm bus pulled out behind me and distracted me so I missed 2nd gear, but the exhaust has that nice flutter when shifting.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xenRpOCzrg

Last edited by thewarmachine; 09-21-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:06 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

you had the high flow cats to right i like it i think it sounded really good
Old 09-19-2008, 05:15 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Yes, the high-flow Pypes cats are attached to the prochamber. I like the sound too.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:17 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

yea it really sounds good so what you goin to do now lol and if i was to buy the whole prochamber set up how much would you want for it
Old 09-19-2008, 05:22 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I'm going to install the Bassani catted X-pipe whenever it arrives and sell the catted prochamber and my stingers. I'd like to get about $450 shipped for the catted prochamber, which was $583 brand new ($408 + $175). I figure it will take $40 to $50 to ship it. I haven;t decided on a price for my stingers yet. I'm a little sad to get rid of them because they were my first mod and they served me well.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:28 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

It sounds pretty good. When it is under load it sounds even better. Maybe it is the camera but at idle the exhaust sound is high.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:33 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

The Bassani street mufflers do have a unique higher pitched sound.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Sounds good, war. The prochamber gives it a nice deep hollow sound. Do you notice a deeper/hollower tone now over your old setup?

I'm still dying to hear the prochamber with my Pypes M-80s. I'll probably purchase one sometime this fall. I'll have to reinstall the JBA catted pipe for inspection in December. The prochamber will be going back on.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Just watched it again. Sounds real nice. Is there a reason why you didn't go with Bassani Race? I was SERIOUSLY considering those prior to the Pypes MM purchase. The street's are loud enough but the Race seemed a bit more gruff...

And you have short headers, right?

I'm going to get some more vids of my setup this weekend...
Old 09-19-2008, 11:41 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Just watched it again. Sounds real nice. Is there a reason why you didn't go with Bassani Race? I was SERIOUSLY considering those prior to the Pypes MM purchase. The street's are loud enough but the Race seemed a bit more gruff...

And you have short headers, right?

I'm going to get some more vids of my setup this weekend...
I didn't want another straight through muffler like my stingers, and besides, I really like the Bassani street sound.

I don't really notice a lot of hollowness from the prochamber....no more than any other high-flow catted midpipe or offroad pipe. It does make the sound considerably deeper.

No, I don't have shorty headers......yet. I want them, but I've got to cut back on wasting my money on this car.

Quick Reply: Prochamber / Bassani