Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which part would you like created in carbon fiber or fiberglass?
Front lip / Wind splitter
30.14%
Radiator Cover
12.33%
Radiator Cover w/ Extensions
35.62%
Mirror Covers
5.48%
Plenum Cover
16.44%
Rear Diffuser
21.92%
Interior Parts
24.66%
CF Side Skirts (gt500 ss style)
19.18%
Fenders
20.55%
Other (please post what in thread)
15.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

If you could have any part created in fiberglass/carbon fiber what would it be?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 06:35 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Bape
carbon fiber steering wheel accent would be nice. real carbon fiber this is the closest i've found: http://www.wooddashexperts.com/custo...cat=471&page=1
You know, I actually considered that. Only thing is that since it's such a small part with so many curves it would be a pain in the butt to do. I could only imagine wrapping the factory piece in cf.

Originally Posted by merdix9
maybe you should consider making front wind splitters, like the one I got from APR.
I am planning on looking into that. I know some people don't like the look of the metal components that attach it so I was thinking a combination of double sided tape as well as 4 bolts would be a nice alternative.

Originally Posted by merdix9
oh and maybe the radiator extension covers
That should be an easy one to produce, I would alter the design of it a little to set it apart from the competition though.

Originally Posted by Ato
Check out the first few picks of the blue Super Snake.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/show...ghlight=shelby
That's what I thought you were referring to. Are you sure it comes in 4 pieces? That's the part that threw me off.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:39 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

actually that rear doesn't look that bad..

Old 09-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOO. that rear looks HIDEOUS!
Old 09-20-2008, 06:51 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

I think this car needs more side skirt options. Something that brings the body closer to the ground but not all cluttered up with strange body lines that make no sense.

Like the Foose ones: (these are from the prototype Stallion and are actually lower than the production version)
Attached Thumbnails If you could have any part created in fiberglass/carbon fiber what would it be?-foose-16.jpg  
Old 09-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangBatman1
You know, I actually considered that. Only thing is that since it's such a small part with so many curves it would be a pain in the butt to do. I could only imagine wrapping the factory piece in cf.

I am planning on looking into that. I know some people don't like the look of the metal components that attach it so I was thinking a combination of double sided tape as well as 4 bolts would be a nice alternative.

That should be an easy one to produce, I would alter the design of it a little to set it apart from the competition though.

That's what I thought you were referring to. Are you sure it comes in 4 pieces? That's the part that threw me off.
Let me know if you change your mind. I would be the first buyer if u do a carbon fiber IUP would be sweet too.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:27 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

mirror covers?

door handles (interior)?

intake elbows?

intake manifold covers?

intake shields?

caps (like the chrome ones but CF)?

wheels?

tires?

brakes?

wings?

roofs?

trunk?

.... its all possible.. i mean the brakes would be a major break through and take some time to design.. but get on it!

ps.. the tires might take some real engineering as well.. =/
Old 09-20-2008, 07:35 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTstangB.F.D.M.
mirror covers?

door handles (interior)?

intake elbows?

intake manifold covers?

intake shields?

caps (like the chrome ones but CF)?

wheels?

tires?

brakes?

wings?

roofs?

trunk?

.... its all possible.. i mean the brakes would be a major break through and take some time to design.. but get on it!

ps.. the tires might take some real engineering as well.. =/
Haha, I'm looking into mirror covers, intake elbows, plenum covers and wings. Mine and tombstang's cars will be the guinea pigs but I'll be sure to post tons of pictures throughout the process.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangBatman1

I can't say for sure it comes in four pieces, I"m only assuming so since the side skirts and front lip is shown, some kind of rear lip would be a logical final piece. If not maybe make a rear lip styled after the CS/GT500 rear bumper lower section w/ the louvers. Hard to say if that would look any good though as a bolt on piece though.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:22 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

Oh ok, I get it now. I thought you were referring to the front lip only. I was thinking to myself, how is that in 4 pieces?? haha
Old 09-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whtcanbrwnd04u
actually that rear doesn't look that bad..

The few really custom ones in that style look great and I've seen a few really crappy ones reusing all the stock sheet metal but that one actually looks pretty good.

Quick Reply: If you could have any part created in fiberglass/carbon fiber what would it be?