Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silver Horse Racing Flush Louvers - Anyone has done them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 12:55 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5
Those louvers look TERRIBLE in person on the car. Just do the ones off of the KR:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Colorado...68293570259154

i've seen all the mods you've done and this is the first bad one. The kr louvers were designed for the car you have. they even come in an aluminum look which is sharp.

You mean like mine?

Old 09-22-2008, 11:24 AM
d_ames117
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx

3) Use the wire tool from SHR's website but instead of taking apart the interior and sawing from inside/outside, you tape off the outside body area very well and loop the wire under the edge of the rear part of the glass, and from just the outside saw the wire toward the front area of the glass. This is the quicket method and the one I used. I did end up not having enough tape down, and made some slight knicks in the paint. Nothing touch up paint couldn't fix.
That's the way I did it. Just make sure you tape off the area well and take your time...not all that difficult. Make sure you use the adhesion promoter. I installed mine without a single scratch and it took me about 4 hours total.

Congratulations on your exquisite taste!

Dustin
Old 09-22-2008, 05:24 PM
jlczl
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx

-danny
That's a beautiful car! Thinking of adding the SHR's too.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:49 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Orion_240
Uh, I'm looking at a photo of the GT500KR and there are NO louvers on the rear side windows. It's on page 70 of the same issue of 5.0 Magazine that Joe's "KR Clone" is on the cover.
Why are you saying there are???

But anyway Joe, I'd recommend doing the brake cooling vents in the front lower facia. Or maybe a V-6 rear spoiler? I personally don't like the distortions the SHR louvers give the view out the window.
Plus I took off my yellow wheelskin louvers as it was too much yellow. I like the black better.

The wheelskins look cheap IMO, I'm not sure why people like them so much. Is it because they cost so little and are already painted? You can't even see out those at all, so why are you worried about a little distortion out of the SHR's. Atleast you can still see. Remember this is just my opinion

Last edited by redfireshaker06; 09-22-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:59 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

SHR Louvers, no question about it. And you do not have to break the windows. Mine are in 1 piece in the attic right now. Just take your time and your good to go.

I'll ***** mine off a bit.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Nutty2003
2nd Gear Member

nice ride redfire, very clean, very tough looking
Old 09-22-2008, 07:18 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

Thank you very much Nutty
Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 PM
TWOKOOL
2nd Gear Member

[QUOTE=Legion5;5470160]Those louvers look TERRIBLE in person on the car. Just do the ones off of the KR:
i've seen all the mods you've done and this is the first bad one. The kr louvers were designed for the car you have. they even come in an aluminum look which is sharp

Whoa, not sure what thats about, take a poll, KR louvers don't even register against the SHR.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:11 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

lol at the shr louvers look terible in person.........

By far best looking louvers out there and actually match the original lines of the body. You add diff louvers you got to add the door ones also so it does not look out of place. IMO

I had mine painted completly cause I didnt liek the fact u coul dsee through them, all of my windows are limo tinted and my windshield is tinted to so it looked out of place until they were painted completly.

I did the install myself and it was fairly easy, straight forward with the tool from shr, If you do it by yurself it helps to have long arms so its easy to saw and just try and be carefull with the paint and your good.

The tool is like $55 or something or you could get ripped off by glass removal company wich will charge u min I found was like $80. you will be glad you did it yourself after Im sure of it. maybe takes 45 min if that....
Old 09-22-2008, 10:16 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
lol at the shr louvers look terible in person.........

By far best looking louvers out there and actually match the original lines of the body. You add diff louvers you got to add the door ones also so it does not look out of place. IMO

I had mine painted completly cause I didnt liek the fact u coul dsee through them, all of my windows are limo tinted and my windshield is tinted to so it looked out of place until they were painted completly.

I did the install myself and it was fairly easy, straight forward with the tool from shr, If you do it by yurself it helps to have long arms so its easy to saw and just try and be carefull with the paint and your good.

The tool is like $55 or something or you could get ripped off by glass removal company wich will charge u min I found was like $80. you will be glad you did it yourself after Im sure of it. maybe takes 45 min if that....
Do you have a problem with my roush louvers or something?

Quick Reply: Silver Horse Racing Flush Louvers - Anyone has done them?